VeriSign Employment Forum
| SRM 280 Chat Transcript
VeriSign®... Where it All Comes Together.
Billions of times each day, people all over the world will visit Web pages, make phone calls, conduct online purchases, download digital content to mobile devices, and run secure online applications. And at the center, you'll find VeriSign, enabling and protecting digital interactions. Every day, the world relies on VeriSign intelligent infrastructure services to reap the benefits of the ongoing revolution in digital communications, commerce, and content.
Did You Know?
Are You Ready to Help Drive the World's Transformation to a Digital Economy?
- VeriSign manages two of the world's 13 Internet root servers, a.root-servers.net and j.root-servers.net, considered national IT assets by the U.S. Federal government.
- VeriSign routes every Web address ending with .com or .net, as many as 15 billion domain name system (DNS) inquiries in a single day.
- VeriSign delivers more than 700,000 ringtones, pictures, and games to mobile phone customers, every day.
- VeriSign has unmatched intelligence in IT security from managing thousands of enterprise perimeters, millions of e-commerce transactions, and billions of Internet inquiries every day.
- VeriSign has more than 450,000 digital certificates installed throughout the world, protecting the majority of secure Web sites on the Internet.
- VeriSign operates the largest independently owned SS7 network in the world, routing billions of phone connections from carrier to carrier, across national boundaries, and between protocols.
- Every day VeriSign translates nearly 5 million inter-carrier text messages, handles 50 percent of roaming traffic in the U.S., and delivers more than 10 million Caller IDs.
E-commerce, content-delivery, and other digital applications have shown explosive growth in recent years, but VeriSign believes that the near future promises much greater rewards. This is where you come in; VeriSign is looking for talented, passionate developers who can see the potential in tomorrow's voice and data networks, and who are ready to make their mark in helping to drive the global transformation to a digital economy.