Welcome to our Topcoder Skill Builder Competition Salesforce Apex! These competitions are designed for everyone to skill up, have fun, and earn more money through Topcoder Gigs and Competitions.
. Jump-in, build your skills and as always let us know what you think and where Topcoder can continue to improve and bring competitions that are meaningful to you.
Topcoder Skill Builder Competitions
- Skill Builder Competitions will have three (3) problems (Easy, Medium, and Hard) to solve. Allowing you to submit and learn as you go. These problems will be re-launched every week for the next 6 weeks to provide you feedback, review your solutions and provide review scores. You may submit again in any of the subsequent weeks, in case you want to improve or your submission did not pass. The problem links will be updated every week on this challenge.
- As you know, we have a lot of Gig Work Opportunities offers available for you right now. We would use these competitions to match you to our Gig Work Opportunities and also provide you with a Verified Skill Badge on your Topcoder profile so you can add them to your resumes. So don’t hesitate to jump in, work on the competitions, and earn a job for yourself.
DreamHouse Realty is a Real Estate company which uses Salesforce to connect their employees and customers to improve the efficiency of home sales. However, during the pandemic of COVID-19, people are likely staying home, it affects the onsite sales seriously and brings the company to a financial crisis.
You, the lead Salesforce Developer of DreamHouse Realty, are asked to maintain the customer relationships and facilitate the remote sales via Salesforce. You need to ensure that everything runs smoothly and all the data is precise and correct, the customers can receive first-hand sales and pandemic data. You are the one who can save the company from bankruptcy. Please use your great Salesforce skills to help DreamHouse overcome the financial crisis.
- Salesforce CLI
- Visual Studio Code
In all the three Skill Builder competitions, you need to develop the app by Visual Studio Code with Salesforce Extension Pack, and you need to create a Salesforce project by the Salesforce CLI. You cannot just write the code in the Developer Console of your Org.
All the code should be deployed to a Scratch Org, and you need to include the link to the Scratch Org, username and password in your submission.
You will need to install the DreamHouse app into your Scratch Org, and all the following development will be based on it.
- We have prepared three problems: Easy, Medium, and Hard, which are worth 250, 500, 1000 points respectively. Points are based on the difficulty of the problem.
- The competitions may or may not be related to each other.
- The links to the problems/competitions are provided below.
- Each problem has one single requirement to achieve. We will judge your submission majorly based on the Requirements(70%) being fulfilled in each problem. We expect minimum Code Quality, Presentation and Performance in your submission and these carry 30% of the problems score. Check out the review scorecard for more details.
- Here is the leaderboard with individual problem score and total score across weeks is available.
- Easy: 250 Points :: Welcome emails
- Medium: 500 Points :: Corona Cases Email
- Hard: 1000 Points :: Web Service and Test Automation