The challenge starts at 10:00 AM EST and you must upload your submission by 11:15 AM EST.
The goal of this 1- Hour RUX Challenge is to take the provided design problem, analyze the requirements and provide design concepts and visual solutions on what the best user experience would be.
This challenge is for TCO19 UI Design Finalists ONLY. Do not register if you are not part of TCO19 UI Design Finalist.
ALL TOPCODER DESIGN RULES APPLY. Entries must be your original work, and must not infringe on the copyright or licenses of others. All standard Topcoder Terms, Topcoder Policies apply to this challenge. Your design must be created by you and original to you. You are allowed to be inspired by design research but copying and submitting someone else's designs is against Topcoder policies and will not be tolerated.
RESPECT OTHER DESIGNERS. If you have any doubts ask!
Topcoder Community Code of Conduct
The goal of this challenge is to design a new landing/marketing page for the Topcoder RUX (Rapid User Experience) challenges, that would provide valuable information for both Topcoder Customers as well as for Topcoder Designers.
It is time to take RUX's to the next level! We have the current designer leaderboard (RUX tab) but we want to not only be able to showcase Rapid User Experience design to Topcoder members but also showcase and bring in more opportunities with our customers! This 1-Hour RUX challenge is focused on creating a NEW landing web page for the Topcoder Website that would market and showcase what Topcoder RUX is all about!
- Customers: This should be a marketing page for Topcoder customers, interested in learning more about Topcoder Design, rapid design, and the amazing Topcoder Design talent. Topcoder Sales would be able to send this landing page to potential customers in order to get them excited about Topcoder and the RUX process. Customers would be able to see the portfolio of RUX problems, Topcoder designer profiles and have a clear call to action to get started. (We do not want this to just be a leaderboard page).
- Topcoder Designers: This should be a page that is also engaging to current and future Topcoder Designers.
- A regular designer who is competing on RUX challenges and wants to see the leaderboard and their position and as well to check the latest RUX designs and opportunities.
- A first-time RUX participant who is eager to see the quality level required to win a RUX challenge by looking at previous problems and designs.
Thoughts on what the page could include:
- Details of what a RUX is
- RUX leaderboard
- Link to any live/current RUX challenges
- Link to recent RUX winners
Some additional thoughts:
- Stats about the challenge such as: number of designers registered/submitted, number of countries represented, number of checkpoint designs received, number of final designs, how many hours was the RUX run
- The RUX winners can have a profile related to their RUX performance over time (a graph to show their winning evolution, the total amount of money won on RUX's, last RUX, designs submitted on RUX, etc.)
- The page can include a grid of RUX's with winners for each of them and their problem + solutions.
- The RUX's can be filtered by industry types like finance, health, transportation, open innovations, etc.
- Each RUX could have a short description of the problem to solve (critical for engaging customers), prizes, images (these can be designs of the winners, but can also be photos from meetings/event shots with the customers) and testimonials from the customers about their RUX results.
- We would like you to keep in mind that the leaderboards are not just about the first placement winners but also a variety of placements and performance of all designers.
- RUX can be included/impactful as part of customer Design Thinking workshops (benefits of Topcoder and RUX).
- Other interesting facts: New registered designers on Topcoder winning on their first RUX, best designer performance in the last 6 RUX's, etc.
- Graphs can be included too as in the spreadsheet example to show the RUX placements and the wins.
All the items listed DO NOT NEED TO INCLUDED. We are focused on what design concepts and visual solutions you think would contribute to the best user experience solving this design problem.
We put together here 6 RUXes as examples that you can use and add in your designs. If you have other examples or designs from RUXes, feel free to use them.
For this challenge, we are using the Topcoder brand…
What this means:
- We are looking for your landing page to fit/feel like it is part of the Topcoder brand
- We are not going to be super strict on this - we are not looking for pixel perfection on the branding elements.
- We are focused on your design concepts and visual solutions to the design problem.
Your design should tie to the overall look and feel of the Topcoder brand by using the green pile buttons, the Barlow Condensed font for headings and Roboto font for the paragraphs.
Important: The links below are meant to be helpful. Do not get slowed down in making the brand perfect.
- You can find on Marvel, the latest GUI KIT we use for Topcoder. This has recently been applied to topcoder.com. Using Marvel Handoff, you can pick up colors, font types, etc.
- Examples of pages recently designed with the new Topcoder GUI KIT: Topcoder Community Landing Page, THRIVE and TCO20.
- The GUI KIT is created in Sketch. For those of you who use other tools to design we put together the current GUI KIT in SVG format as well. Download the GUI KIT from here.
Submission Format Requirements:
- Screen size (web): width 1280px x Height as long as needed
- Upload your submission on the challenge details page
- Submit what you have!
- Topcoder Customers
- Topcoder Designers
Your submission will be judged on the following criteria:
- UI Design Scorecard
- Customer: Marketing aspect and call to action. Is it clear what a RUX is?
- Designer: How fast can a designer find RUX information
- How strong your concept is
- Clean and modern design
Submission & Source Files:
All requested Contest Deliverables in JPG or PNG file format in RGB color mode at 72dpi.
All original source files of the submitted design.
Please create your preview image as one (1) 1024x1024 JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode at 72dpi and place your submissions within it.
Stock photography is allowed in this challenge. See this page for more details.
For icons, you can use only the Streamline set of icons. You can search the icon you need on https://app.streamlineicons.com (Streamline 3.0 Regular Icon) and then look for it in the set of icons provided in the forums.
If you have trouble submitting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Please read the challenge specification carefully and watch the forums for any questions or feedback concerning this challenge. It is important that you monitor any updates provided by the client or Studio Admins in the forums. Please post any questions you might have for the client in the forums.