This is it! The final DESIGN BATTLE… “There can be only one!”
This is it! 30 minutes to rapidly design a user interface (UI) that conveys your thoughts and solves the design problem!
ALL TOPCODER DESIGN RULES APPLY. Entries must be your original work, and must not infringe on the copyright or licenses of others. All standard Topcoder Terms, Topcoder Policies apply to this challenge. Your design must be created by you and original to you. You are allowed to be inspired by design research, but copying and submitting someone else's designs is against Topcoder policies and will not be tolerated.
RESPECT OTHER DESIGNERS. If you have any doubts ask!
The goal of this challenge is to design the look and feel of a 1 Tablet Screen
Problem: Topcoder Profile & Resume
As the Topcoder Community continues to evolve and we introduce more opportunities like "Gig" work to our members we want you to be able to upload, share, and improve your online Topcoder resume. Topcoder profiles should quickly showcase your skills, portfolio, and Topcoder awards. In the next 30min think of ways to improve the design of the Topcoder Profile page.
- Showcase "you"
- Showcase your skills, portfolio, and awards
- Allow you to use your Topcoder profile as a resume for Gig work or other job opportunities.
Feel free to use and copy content from Topcoder’s Profile Page but only use it as a wireframe.
What should you include?
- Profile photo?
- Topcoder ranking? Skills? Portfolio?
- Quotes? Hobbies? Interest? Etc?
- Job history?
Design & Branding Guidelines
- Think of Topcoder Customers viewing and looking to hire you.
- Don't overthink it!
- DO NOT use your NAME or TOPCODER HANDLE/USERNAME in your submission
- We are only sharing the submission number during the judging process (XXXXX vs XXXXX) to the judge.
Submission Format Requirements
- iPad/Tablet Format
- Topcoder members looking to showcase their skills and use their profile as a resume.
Your submission will be quickly judged on the following criteria:
- Good clean UI design
- Does the UX make sense
- Originality in your concept
1. Each Round is 30 minutes long
2. There will be 5 minutes extra for uploading. *IF there is an uploading issue we will accept your submission via email within a 10min window (only if there is a true uploading issue). If your submission arrives after the 40min mark - your submission will be disqualified.
3. No need to declare Fonts, Stock Art, icons, etc. (All Topcoder Rules still apply!)
4. You only need to submit your JPG/PNG files
5. No need to send your Source file (If you are asked for your source file you will need to provide it)
6. Prepare your file/folder structure early to plan for uploading
7. Have fun... do not cheat. If it seems like a bad idea, it probably is, and you will be caught.
Please read the challenge specification carefully and watch the forums for any questions or feedback concerning this challenge. It is important that you monitor any updates provided by the client or Studio Admins in the forums. Please post any questions you might have for the client in the forums.