- Build a chrome extension to capture CSS selectors from web pages, which will in term generate a json based config to be sent to a backend API.
- Client is building a web scraper to scrape some information from a few different websites, and the extension will help users better identify the key elements to scrape from the websites.
- A fully working Chrome extension that covers all the requirements.
- We'd like the extension to be build with ReactJS, this could be a good start if you are unfamiliar with the approach.
- The extension should try to maintain compatibility with FireFox by using the Web Extensions API.
- The extension should support localization, perhaps by using react-i18next, the purpose is that there should be a centralized place to provide translation texts for different languages.
- Here's the previous challenge we launched to build a basic version of the extension, now we are completely rewriting it.
- Please register to download the detailed functional requirements spec from the challenge forum.
- This challenge will use the standard code challenge scorecard without unit tests.
- Chrome Extension Development
- Chrome Latest on all systems
Final Submission Guidelines
- All original source code in a single zip file.
- A detailed README in markdown format explaining how to build, configure, run and verify your submission.
- Specifically, please include details on how to test this extension locally and publish it for others to download. Please clearly describe how to uninstall the extension in dev mode as well.