The challenge starts at 09:30 AM and you must upload your submission by 11:30 AM.
The goal of this challenge is to take the provided design problem, analyze the requirements and provide design concepts and visual solutions on what the best user experience would be.
This challenge is for TCO19 UI Design Finalists ONLY. Do not register if you are not part of TCO19 UI Design Finalist.
ALL TOPCODER DESIGN RULES APPLY. Entries must be your original work, and must not infringe on the copyright or licenses of others. All standard Topcoder Terms, Topcoder Policies apply to this challenge. Your design must be created by you and original to you. You are allowed to be inspired by design research but copying and submitting someone else's designs is against Topcoder policies and will not be tolerated.
RESPECT OTHER DESIGNERS. If you have any doubts ask!
Topcoder Community Code of Conduct
The Digital Product Catalog (DPC) is a repository for Hestia digital assets (PDF, images, 3D models, videos, etc.). Hestia websites and applications (Business to Business B2B and Business to Consumer B2C) will connect with the Digital Product Catalog to request these digital assets using API calls.
Building on the design problem and your existing design files from RUX 1 and RUX 2, the scope of this challenge is to design a dashboard for this application. Take a step back and view the application one-level higher.
In this round, we are asking you to design a dashboard for the DPC. This dashboard would be what the user sees when they first log in. This will be a high overview of the assets state:
- How many assets are low usage or high usage
- How many assets are pending, approved or rejected
- Overall completeness of digital assets related to each vendor, etc.
- The user can also see previously modified entries
- Any notes or important updates to be done, etc.
- Most popular assets widget
The dashboard will be a data visualization page with call to action(s) for the user. In the context of the dashboard - think of it as being informative/action-based to the user (for them to take or suggest action).
From this page, the user could trigger a search or drill into any of the dashboard items.
Capture the dashboard and any key interactions.
- It is dashboard time!
- What is important to our user based on your current understanding, workshop discussion, functionality that will help the user work more efficiently?
- The customer has existing Hestia brand guidelines to use for this application. We would like you to follow the branding but focus more on creating a great user experience, and providing design concepts for solving the problem than focusing on the branding.
- You can download the logo file from here
- Hestia Employees – Users can search/create/edit the product specification sheet
Submission Format Requirements:
- Screen size (web): width 1280px x Height as long as needed
- Upload your submission on the challenge details page
- Submit what you have!
- Your submission will be judged on the following criteria:
- How strong your concept is
- Clean and modern design
- How much you explored the new technologies (AI, OCR)
Submission & Source Files:
- All requested Contest Deliverables in JPG or PNG file format in RGB color mode at 72dpi.
- All original source files of the submitted design.
- Please create your preview image as one (1) 1024x1024 JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode at 72dpi and place your submissions within it.
- Stock photography is allowed in this challenge. See this page for more details.
- Stock icons are allowed in this challenge. See this page for more details.
Please read the challenge specification carefully and watch the forums for any questions or feedback concerning this challenge. It is important that you monitor any updates provided by the client or Studio Admins in the forums. Please post any questions you might have for the client in the forums.