The Digital Product Catalog (DPC) is a repository for Hestia digital assets (PDF, images, 3D models, videos, etc.). Hestia websites and applications (Business to Business B2B and Business to Consumer B2C) will connect with the Digital Product Catalog to request these digital assets using API calls.
The scope of RUX 1 is to design a modern search page for the Digital Product Catalog
, leveraging the provided wireframe
, which currently allows the users to search for product digital assets based on different fields. The most common asset in DPC is the product specification PDF file.
All the products that Hestia sells have a base specification file supplied by their vendors. Here are a few examples of what product specifications files
Hestia employees would like to look for information not only based on the current metadata stored for each product specification file but in the future also on the information stored inside the asset itself. Think OCR (optical character recognition.) + Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning).
Product Specification Sheets
The most common asset is the Specification PDF file. The base specification sheets are provided by manufacturers to Hestia (Base Specification File). Hestia employees will go in and manually create notes (annotate) these files and create product groupings (Specification File). The updated file will be saved as a new file (what you see in the table as Specification File). It is a time-consuming process and takes a large amount of effort. The customer would like to optimize this part by using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology or Artificial Intelligence. It is up to you to think of creative ways on how to integrate these into improving the provided application search.
Hestia employees are able to search on the following:
- Product code
- MPID (numeric key)
- Vendor product code
- Vendor name
- The date the product was added
We are providing a wireframe
that we would like to be used as a starting point for you to think and explore the design problem. DO NOT COLOR THE WIREFRAME (or everyone's designs will look the same). The scope of the challenge is for you to bring your concepts and ideas to the project.
Users of the application will be able to: view, edit, comment (annotate), delete, or replace each of the product specifications as well as send a specification sheet to an email (note: for the purpose of this round, we don't need to show these interactions).
- As many of the current assets and future assets are specification sheets, it would super cool to execute a "smart" search across the actual data contained in the assets versus the metadata stored in the repository.
- Possible ranking of the files by usage (popularity)
- Ranking of the file by resolution (or any quality parameters)
- Status (approve, rejected) - if a specification sheet didn't meet all the requirements, then it will be rejected
- Ranking of the file based on levels of completeness of the data.
The user is able to easily view the asset and attributes about that asset such as date loaded, size, vendor, etc. As the search is going to be based across the data contained in an asset, not only in the metadata, the returning hits will be based on ranking relevancy.
- The customer has existing Hestia brand guidelines
to use for this application. We would like you to follow the branding but focus more on creating a great user experience, and providing design concepts for solving the problem than focusing on the branding.
- You can download the logo file from here
- Hestia Employees - Users can search/create/edit the product specification sheet
Submission Format Requirements:
- Screen size (web): width 1280px x Height as long as needed
- Upload your submission on the challenge details page
- Submit what you have!
- Your submission will be judged on the following criteria:
- How strong your concept is
- Clean and modern design
- How much you explored the new technologies (AI, OCR)
Submission & Source Files:
- All requested Contest Deliverables in JPG or PNG file format in RGB color mode at 72dpi.
- All original source files of the submitted design.
- Please create your preview image as one (1) 1024x1024 JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode at 72dpi and place your submissions within it.
- Stock photography is allowed in this challenge. See this page for more details.
- Stock icons are allowed in this challenge. See this page for more details.