The Digital Product Catalog (DPC) is a repository for Hestia digital assets (PDF, images, 3D models, videos, etc.). Hestia websites and applications (Business to Business B2B and Business to Consumer B2C) will connect with the Digital Product Catalog to request these digital assets using API calls.
Building on the design problem and your existing design files from RUX 1, the scope of this challenge is to design how the user works with the specification files.
The user is able to see the specifications file and edit it, comment on it, delete and replace each of the product specifications as well as send a specification sheet to an email.
View Specifications File
Each specification file will include the general information stored in the search table and the actual PDF document. The general info refers to:
- Product code
- MPID (numeric key)
- Vendor product code
- Vendor name
- Date the product was added
- Date loaded
- Completeness of the specification file (if it has all the information required or is missing some)
- Ranking of the file by usage (popularity)
- Ranking of the file by resolution (or any quality parameters)
- Status (approved, rejected) - if a specification sheet didn’t meet all the requirements, then it will be rejected
Edit Specifications File
- The user is able to edit any of the general fields here (except the MPID) as well as the PDF document.
- The user can open it and comment on the PDF document with missing information and send the file for approval.
Replace Specifications File
- The user is able to replace the file (so upload a new one)
- We would like you to explore how the user views and interacts with the PDF file (within the web browser)
- Assuming that there is AI/logic-based grading systems for accuracy, quality, completeness of the specification file, how would that information be presented & interacted with by Hestia employees maintaining that data?
- The customer has existing Hestia brand guidelines to use for this application. We would like you to follow the branding but focus more on creating a great user experience, and providing design concepts for solving the problem than focusing on the branding.
- You can download the logo file from here
Hestia Employees – Users can search/create/edit the product specification sheet
Submission Format Requirements:
- Screen size (web): width 1280px x Height as long as needed
- Upload your submission on the challenge details page
- Submit what you have!
- Your submission will be judged on the following criteria:
- How strong your concept is
- Clean and modern design
- How much you explored the new technologies (AI, OCR)
Submission & Source Files:
- All requested Contest Deliverables in JPG or PNG file format in RGB color mode at 72dpi.
- All original source files of the submitted design.
- Please create your preview image as one (1) 1024x1024 JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode at 72dpi and place your submissions within it.
- Stock photography is allowed in this challenge. See this page for more details.
- Stock icons are allowed in this challenge. See this page for more details.