In this contest, we need your help to create a new T-Shirt design that personifies Topcoder. The goal is to create something memorable that you would want to wear as a proud Topcoder member. This shirt should make you feel special, as part of the community.
- T-Shirt design needs to Pop! Think and design creatively, explore out of the box ideas and new possibilities to make this something that everybody will like to wear. However, don't overdesign it!
- We are looking for something interesting that dignifies crowdsourcing and all our tracks at the same time (design, development, and algorithm).
- If it fits your concept, the T-shirt can have an interesting quote related to Topcoder Phases.
- No required, but as an open idea, you can consider the possibility of using pictures from our Topcoder members (and events) and make some type of illustrations based on that. Nothing is off limits, be super creative.
- No generic graphics, make sure there's something meaningful to your design. Something that really speaks about what Topcoder represents. So stay away from computer mouses, globes, computers, paint brushes etc.
- Design area. Please only use the t-shirt design template for the places/areas where your design can go on the shirt. T-shirt Design Area Template. If you think there is a better way to show your design, you are free to show us, but only using the areas established on the template.
- Design colors. Please only use the Topcoder colors, or black and white. You can see Topcoder Branding Guidelines for all the details.
- T-shirt color. Design on a black, or white, or gray t-shirt. Pick your choice to best fit your concepts.
- Gradients. Do not use gradients in your T-Shirt design.
- Logo. Your design must have the Topcoder logo on it and you must retain the correct aspect ratio of the logo. Reference to Branding Guidelines.
- Avoid intricate designs. Remember you are designing for print media, so try to stay away from designs that are too intricate, as they would be hard to reproduce on fabric.
- Multiple concepts. Your submission can have multiple designs if they only represent small variations on one concept. You can do multiple submissions but only truly different concepts.
Inspirations and references
Use these elements as references and inspiration and, please, do not copy anything. We are looking for your original ideas and creativity to make something unique for our community. Focus on the “Wow factor” and make us fall in love with your design.
- Check out some online T-shirt retailers, and the kinds of illustration-centric designs that can be created, like http://www.threadless.com/catalog/type,guys/style,tees
- You might want to research for coding platform t-shirts (e.g. HackerRank, Google Code Jam, HackerEarth) or digital sector events t-shirts in general for additional inspiration.
- Do not limit yourself to this, remember, originality is the key.
Topcoder Staff and Members.
Your submission will be judged on the following criteria:
- Uniqueness and Originality.
- Overall idea and execution of concepts.
- Creativity - The t-shirt should be visually exciting and engaging.
- Quality - The quality of the graphics as well as following the provided guidelines.
Stock photography is not allowed in this challenge. All submitted elements must be designed solely by you. See this page for more details.
If you have any doubts or questions regarding challenge requirements, please ask in our challenge forum