The current version of Topcoder challenge listing uses different endpoints of Topcoder API v3 to fetch the list of design / develop challenges (/challenges
) and marathon matches (/marathonMatches
); and the marathon match details pages are still powered by legacy Topcoder app. We have updated the dev version of API v3 to serve marathon match list and their details from the same endpoints /challenges
that serve all other challenges. In this challenge we ask you to update Community App
accordingly and to clean-up all redundand code (you should work out of the latest develop
commit, which is 01e246409dec01ff7e6f1d8be8c6b96e1c25172c
at the moment of writing).
For API consumption
For UI - Challenge Listing
- Use https://api.topcoder.com/v3/challenges endpoint for MM matches;
- All uses of https://api.topcoder.com/v3/marathonMatches endpoint should be gone;
- There shouldn't be any MM specific normalization of endpoint responses at the front-end side; the same rendering code as for design / development challenges should be used for MMs. Earlier normalization / hack code for MMs should be removed from the community app, along with any other redundand code. This cleanup is important.
For UI - Challenge Details Page
- Challenge card will have submission number values displayed (currently they are defaulted to zero);
- Challenge card will show prizes for MMs;
- Currently, if user clicks on MM challenge list item, it takes user to the legacy MM detail pages, for example https://community.topcoder.com/tc?module=MatchDetails&rd=17007. Now we should be able to get user to the same challenge details page which is used for design / development challenges.
- MM details page will be the same as for design / development challenges;
- Show registrants, submissions, forum links the same way as for design / dev challenges;
- Clicking on Registration button will take user to the legacy registration page, e.g. https://community.topcoder.com/longcontest/?module=ViewReg&rd=17036
- Clicking on Submission page will take user to the legacy submission page, e.g. https://community.topcoder.com/longcontest/?module=Submit&compid=58328&rd=17025&cd=15293
- We should properly deactivate Register button for MM if user has already submitted, or registration phase is closed.