This hackathon is centered around uPort. uPort is a self-sovereign identity and data platform that enables users to register a globally unique identifier to the Ethereum blockchain, giving users control over their identity, private keys, user accounts, and private data. The uPort ID app (Android, iOS) is a mobile identity wallet that stores private keys and serves as the foundation for interacting with Ethereum and web 2.0 applications: login without passwords; receive, issue, and request attestations, verifications, and credentials; digitally sign blockchain transactions and other types of data.
uPort is Ethereum's user platform, with a set of developer solutions designed to make building Ethereum applications simple and user friendly. With our mission of making Ethereum accessible for all users, the goal of the Hackathon is to leverage the uPort platform to build exciting new use cases that can help realize the promise of blockchain-based ID for everyone.
Here are a few of the uPort platform's core features for developers to leverage:
- Simple onboarding and single sign-on to applications without passwords or security concerns
- Issue and request signed statements in the form of user data: attestations, verifications, certificates, badges, and more
- Digitally sign blockchain transactions, legal documents, and other types of user data with TouchID authentication
- Identity and document verification service
uPort and the Brazil Ministry of Planning
- Blockchain-based ID registration for citizens of Zug, Switzerland
First citizen ID registered on Ethereum in Zug
- Issue badge verifying user attendance at a conference
uPort at Ethereal SF and Devcon3
- Way for third parties to have verified identity status (e.g., link to social media accounts or URLs)
- App to issue uPort credentials from one identity to another (e.g., topcoder badge that can be issued to hackathon participants)
- Social or communication app, with closed network accessed with a uPort credential
- App to verify credentials granted on a public blockchain
- Issue tickets for access to events via uPort credentials
- Simple user-friendly application for notarizing documents
- uPort Developer Site with guides and docs: http://developer.uport.me
- Github: https://github.com/uport-project
- Medium: medium.com/uport
- Gitter: https://gitter.im/ConsenSys/uPort-TopCoder
The ConsenSys uPort team would like the community to participate in the Gitter channel for uPort. However, please keep questions related to this challenge in our forum. Please use the Gitter channel only for more information about uPort or blockchain tools, history, or some troubleshooting installing or understanding the documentation provided.
Our objective is to get demo applications from developers building on our developer platform for exciting new use cases, with IP open sourced on Github and top projects featured on our platforms.
Projects will be evaluated by the uPort team with equal weight on each of :
20% Value of the core idea
20% Demonstration of a uPort functionality
20% Viability as a product or feature
20% Compelling and exciting demo
20% Quality of the supporting designs and documentation
We’ll have checkpoint deadline on Dec 11, 9:00 ET. All submissions done prior to this moment will be passed to the uPort team of judges to get their feedback on your solution. The feedback will be emailed to the address you used to register at Topcoder platform in a few days. Submitting to the checkpoint is optional, but obviously a good chance to get viable feedback and succeed in the competition.