What is a RUX Challenge?
The RUX (Rapid User Experience) challenge uses the same format as our famous LUX Challenge except it is not "Live" at an event. The RUX Challenge Series provides you with an opportunity to show digital leaders from some of the largest companies in the world just how good your concept and user experience (UI/UX) design skills are.
RUX (Rapid User Experience) challenges are fast, fun, and have more chances for you to capture prize money
FULL DESCRIPTION & PROJECT GUIDE
The goal of this challenge is to take the provided design problem, analyze the user experience and provide design concepts and visual ideas on how the new portal might look and work!
We are looking for your help to create a modern and intuitive mobile application that will help company’s employees to:
- Displays payroll and 401k/retirement information (Human Resources)
- Displays available training sessions (Training)
- Search/submit request for travel on a particular date (Business Travels)
This will be developed as a native Mobile Application, so have this in mind while designing.
The flow of the application that has been envision is as follows:
- User login into the application.
- After a successful login, user is redirected to a Dashboard style view with a summary of human resources queries, Payroll related issues, retirement 401k/IRA.
- User can Add / Edit / Remove Payroll and HR queries
- User can see training courses
- User can see travel information. (See below)
Things to think about:
- There are not any wireframes created for this challenge, but we need you to propose the best concepts with modern look and feel that solves this problem.
- Simplicity should be your focus. This application might be used but non tech savy users.
- Consider: Less clicks/Taps, important information should be visible and easy to catch.
- Should be clean, open, and modern looking.
- Your design must feel as a real iOS application. Important
- Show us new concepts and ideas for how things could be designed and function.
- We have provided a color palette that works with their current brand. Please avoid dark themes while designing. This application should feel: Clean, corporate and elegant.
- In order to be able to get access to project branding and logo, you need to register on this challenge first.
- Review new mobile interactions from latest iOS version.
- Only Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are allowed on this challenge. (No sketch)
RUX Challenge Timeline and Rolling Checkpoint
- Submission Start: 10/12/2017 at 19:00 EDT
- Rolling Checkpoint Start: 10/14/2017 at 09:00 EDT
- Submission End: 10/15/2017 at 19:00 EDT
We are offering 5 Prizes Placements
1) 1st Placement: $2000
2) 2nd Placement: $1500
3) 3rd Placement: $1000
4) 4th Placement: $750
5) 5th Placement: $500
- Plus 8 placements for Rolling Checkpoint prizes @ $50 each!
Note: Important Rolling Checkpoint Details
- We will answer questions and provide Rolling Feedback as fast as possible.
- You must watch the Forum for your feedback!
*All initial qualifying checkpoint submissions will win $50 (Only first 8 potential submissions)
For this challenge we just need 4 screens plus any iterations you think necessary to complement your design proposal.
1) Splash and Login Screens
We would like to see how this application should look when first opening
Regular login form is required: Email, password, remember.
No social media login
Sign up link / button required
2) Dashboard Screen
From this screen users should be able to:
- Open/Create new payroll issues
- Request travels dates
- Access main navigation
- Global Search
- What other features can improve the UX here? Propose the best options.
3) Human Resources Queries
Users will be able to create new HR related queries such like:
- Payroll issues
- 401k/retirement information
Ability to see, search and filter previous issues
4) Knowledged management
This screen will serve as a repository for information related to training, such like:
- Trainings & courses
Ability to see, search and filter
This screen should help users to search, find and book available dates for business travels.
There is always a backend travel team which does the booking, the users/employees would be able to send their requests on airline selection , timing, hotel selection etc
The ideology behind this is to reduce the turnaround time between facilities or the travel group and employees.
6) Presentation Screen - 1920x1080 (16:9 Ratio)
In a RUX challenge, this screen is the way to showcase your concept so keep it simple and make it look good!
If you were walking into a meeting and needed to sell your idea - use this screen to showcase your concept.
- This application is going to be developed as a native Mobile Application
-- iPhone 6/7/8: Width 750px and Height 1334px
- Colors: We have created an InvisionApp Board (access from forum) with color palette and fonts. Please use those colors only. DO NOT reinvent colors on this challenge.
- Icons: You can use icons from “icons8” and “Flaticon”. Please remember to declare them in your declaration/notes file.
- Upload your “Source.zip”, “Submission.zip” and “Preview.jpg/png” files as usual.
- Upload your screens to Marvel App for review and to showcase the experience (ask for Marvel App prototype/project from co-pilot or PM in challenge forum. Do this with enough time in advance. Avoid last minute requests.)
- We want to use Marvel App to provide direct and fast feedback! We can also track your design updates and screen versions within Marvel App!
- No additional functionality is required! Just make sure your screen(s) are in the correct viewing order (number them 00, 01, 02, 03, etc.)
- You MUST include your Topcoder Marvel App URL within your .Notes file
Your submission will be judged on the following criteria:
- Overall idea and execution of concepts
- How well does your design align with the objectives of the challenge
- Execution and thoughtfulness put into the solving the problem
- Simplified User Experience and innovative ideas
- Overall design and user experience
- Cleanliness of screen design and user flow
- Company employees
Submission & Source Files
Please create your preview image as one (1) 1024x1024px JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode at 72dpi and place a screenshot of your submission within it.
Submit JPG/PNG for your submission files.
All original source files of the submitted design. Files should be created in Adobe Photoshop and saved as a layered PSD file, or Adobe Illustrator as a layered AI file!
As part of the final fixes phase, you may be asked to modify your graphics (sizes or colors) or modify overall colors. We may ask you to update your design or graphics based on checkpoint feedback.
Please read the challenge specification carefully and watch the forums for any questions or feedback concerning this challenge. It is important that you monitor any updates provided by the client or Studio Admins in the forums. Please post any questions you might have for the client in the forums.