Welcome to the "RUX - Kubik Insurance Quote and Bind Solution Design Concepts Challenge"
. We are looking to explore UI/UX design concepts for an Insurance Quote & Bind app for Small Businesses. The application will be web-based and we are targeting tablet for this challenge. We are looking for your best (new) ideas and concepts!
What is a RUX Challenge?
The RUX (Rapid User Experience) challenge uses the same format as our famous LUX Challenge except it is not "Live" at an event. The RUX Challenge Series provides you with an opportunity to show digital leaders from some of the largest companies in the world just how good your concepts and user experience (UI/UX) design skills are.
RUX (Rapid User Experience) challenges are fast, fun, and have more chances for you to capture prize money!
Note: You do not need to have RUX challenge experience to join this challenge - Just jump in and give it a try! Make sure to follow the challenge details, the challenge forum and ask questions.
The goal of this challenge is to take the provided design problem, application flow, and screen requirements and design a clean and easy to use desktop experience.
RUX Challenge Timeline and Rolling Checkpoint
- 1st Round Start: 29th September 2017 20.00 PM EDT
- Rolling Checkpoint Start: 01st October 2017 08.00 AM EDT
- Challenge Ends: 02nd October 2017 20.00 PM EDT
We are offering 5 Prizes Placements
1) 1st Placement: $2000
2) 2nd Placement: $1500
3) 3rd Placement: $1000
4) 4th Placement: $750
5) 5th Placement: $500
- Plus 8 placements for Rolling Checkpoint prizes @ $50 each!
Note: Important Rolling Checkpoint Details
- tgerring (Trevor Gerring) and adroc will be available for early submissions and Rolling Feedback!
- We will answer questions and provide Rolling Feedback as fast as possible.
- You must watch the Forum for your feedback!
*All initial qualifying checkpoint submissions will win $50 (8 Placements)
- Easy to understand user flow
- Intuitive for the user
- Fresh and modern UI design
- Going to be developed as a responsive application (we are only focusing on Tablet for now). Keep that in mind for your UI and layout ideas.
- This is an exploratory/ concepts design challenge. We are looking for your ideas.
Reference File "workflow.jpg"
- Calculate Lifetime Value of the customer and identify products that can be sold to the prospect (Lifetime Value is a prediction of the net profit attributed to the entire future relationship with a customer)
- Generate a Risk Profile of the customer based on customer information, Business and Risk information, demographics, life events, etc.
- Provide leads to the agents/brokers
- Collect/pre-fill all relevant Customer & Business information required to price a quote
- Provide tailored guidance on the coverage best suited for the Small Business customer providing intuitive options based on what similar such SME owners would normally take
- Provide a quote
- This application is going to be developed as a Responsive Web Application
- For this challenge, you just need to focus on Tablet devices: 2048x1536px
- Create placeholder logo for the application, we will ask the winner of this challenge to swap the logo with our real logo in finalfix phase.
- We want something clean, modern, formal, professional and fresh
Please ask in challenge forum for any doubts/questions regarding challenge requirements:
Required Screens/ Functionality
For this challenge, we are looking for the below pages to be designed/considered in your concepts. The screen functionality details listed below are suggested functionality for consideration. Do not allow the suggestions below to impact the creativity of design. If there is a better way to accomplish the same goal, then feel free to take creative liberties.
Note: The main steps that required for the main flow are 1, 3, 4, and 5. HOWEVER, you are free to design the best experience. If that means combining steps or streamlining the process to make it easier/ faster, that would be great.
1) Search for a business
- Feel free to explore concepts and ideas here
- Think beyond just a simple text box. Are there other features/ functionality that would be beneficial to the user?
2) App shows results
- This might be an opportunity to streamline the user experience
- Think through the user interactions and what the best experience would be to search (step1) and then see the results
- Demographics of the prospect (e.g. Business of the customer, type of business, number of employees, state of operations, etc)
2a) User selects a business
- User chooses a business from the list of results to calculate lifetime value
3) Calculate Lifetime Value
- Shows a Risk Score based on found information from 3rd party sources (Google, LinkedIn, Yelp, Facebook, etc.)
- Calculating the lifetime value of the customer based on the current business the customer does with this Insurer and future business that the customer can provide based on demographics, life events, businesses of the customer, etc. using customer data and segmentation to anticipate the future needs of individual customers. Generate a Risk Profile score for the Small Business customer based on above information
- Data should be pre-populated based on the findings from 3rd party sources
- Refer to the "Table Data" doc to see what information is required
4) Additional Data
- Agent can update/add additional data not found by those 3rd party sources (Refer to the table in the client doc for available form fields)
- What is the best user experience for reviewing the populated data and then either modifying or adding additional data?
- How do you design form fields and data entry so that it's user-friendly, fast, and easy.
- Remember this is a tablet experience, but your design solution should work on desktop as well (desktop designs are NOT needed for this challenge)
5) Type and Price Coverage
- App shows available coverage types and prices (Refer to the coverage table in client doc for prices and coverage breakdown)
- Prices and Coverage are shown based on the available information and data provided in the previous steps.
- User should be able to go back to adjust data or add additional to update/ change the price and coverage type
5a) Package Recommendations
- App recommends a package based on what other similar businesses have chosen
5b) Package Configuration
- Agent can configure a selected package to adjust coverage and pricing (Refer to the coverage table in client doc for prices and coverage breakdown)
06) Any Additional Functionality or Screens
- Show us concepts and ideas for how things could be designed and function.
- We are open and looking for your ideas and UX solutions. Feel free to explore any ideas you might have
07) UI/UX Interaction(s)
- Make sure you are showing us how things work
- What happens when a user clicks a button, where do they go
- Make sure you are thinking through these interactions and show us your ideas for how they work.
- These things that can/ should be shown as part of your Marvel Prototype
08) Marvel Prototype
- We need you to upload your file into Marvel App.
- We want to use Marvel App to provide direct and fast feedback! We can also track your design updates and screen versions within Marvel App!
- No additional functionality is required! Just make sure your screen(s) are in the correct viewing order (number them 00, 01, 02, 03, etc.)
- If you do not have access to the Topcoder Marvel App Account please contact email@example.com
- You must include your Topcoder Marvel App URL within your .Notes file
9) Presentation Screen - 1920x1080 (16:9 Ratio)
- In a RUX challenge, this screen is the way to showcase your concept so keep it simple and make it look good!
- If you were walking into a meeting and needed to sell your idea - use this screen to showcase your concept.
Your submission will be judged on the following criteria:
- Overall idea and execution of concepts
- How well does your design align with the objectives of the challenge
- Execution and thoughtfulness put into the solving the problem
- Overall design and user experience
- Cleanliness of screen design and user flow
- Insurance Agents/Brokers
- Internal Users at the Insurer
Submission & Source Files
Please create your preview image as one (1) 1024x1024px JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode at 72dpi and place a screenshot of your submission within it.
Submit JPG/PNG for your submission files.
All original source files of the submitted design. Files should be created in Adobe Photoshop and saved as a layered PSD file, or Adobe Illustrator as a layered AI file, or as Sketch file!
As part of the final fixes phase, you may be asked to modify your graphics (sizes or colors) or modify overall colors. We may ask you to update your design or graphics based on Rolling checkpoint feedback.
Please read the challenge specification carefully and watch the forums for any questions or feedback concerning this challenge. It is important that you monitor any updates provided by the client or Studio Admins in the forums. Please post any questions you might have for the client in the forums.