- Personal information (owner’s photo, first / last name, birth date, document ID number, issue / expiration date, place of issue, etc.);
- Visa information. For each visa in passport it includes: visa type, countries it is valid for, issue / expiration date, ID number(s), is still valid or was it annulated, etc.
- Optionally, we would like to verify that entire passport was scanned, i.e. that the total number of pages matches the expected one, that each page matches expected design for the passport of that country, etc. Think about two use cases: (1) we just want the person to prove that he has a valid visa to travel to specific country(-es); in such case we can ask to scan just the main page, and the page with visa; (2) we want a full scan of passport, to ensure that we have full information about visas a person has.
Final Submission GuidelinesThis challenge will be judge subjectively. A good presentation of your solution is obviously important. Feel free to submit a written write-up / presentation slides / video / code snippets demonstrating key aspects of your proposal in practice.
In all cases, include a brief 1-2 pages abstract of your proposal. Ensure it covers such aspects as:
- Does it use readily available software solutions? Are they free or paid? What are the costs?
- If some parts of your solution should be hosted, what are available hosting options, and estimated usage costs, depending on the load (number of processed images per day)?
- How your solution can be integrated with other systems? How easy / expensive will be its maintenance?