We are looking for you to have some creative fun by creating Topcoder Member Stock Photos! We are always looking for fun and new images portraying Topcoder members to use on our website, marketing collateral, and at our events. This is your chance to channel your inner photographer skills and have some fun!
This Topcoder Member Stock Photos fun challenge will require you to submit a photograph including the Topcoder logo that could be used on the website, marketing collateral and other things. This challenge is asking for a photograph, not a design. We have created different categories for you to consider while creating you Stock Photo concept.
Important to note: Remember each photograph (theme) must be its own submission and you can submit as many times as you would like.
- The photo must have the Topcoder logo visible. It does not need to be obvious - just visible.
- The photo must include a Topcoder member.
You may submit to one of the categories below or if you have an additional concept submit under "Other". All category winners will receive a $50 bonus for winning that category.
Topcoder Member Stock Photo Categories:
Most Hardworking Stock Photo
- Your traditional stock photo showing someone serious at work.
- This could be a Topcoder Member working at a computer, at a desk, or working with others...
Most Funny Stock Photo
- Create a funny stock photo. This could be "hidden" funny... or obvious funny... up to you (if it's hidden.. make sure to share the joke!)
- Example of a funny stock photo
Best Hidden Topcoder Logo
- Best Stock Photo that has a hidden Topcoder logo
- Look to be sneaky!
Most Heartwarming Photo
- Photo of a Topcoder member showing their true love for Topcoder
Best (Other) Stock Photo
- Have a concept that doesn't fit in our provided categories?
- Submit to this category and provide us with a quick description of your concept!
Things to Consider:
- Your photos must be at least 4500px (on longest edge) at 300dpi (larger is always better) (this is roughly 14 megapixels)
- Your photos should be sharp and clear
- Make sure you are not shooting in a dark room or in low light
- HAVE FUN!
Rolling Checkpoint Feedback
- We will have a Rolling Checkpoint starting May 15, 2017, @8:00AM EDT
- Submit your initial concepts for feedback from adroc and tgerring!
- Learn more about Rolling Checkpoints!
Photography FUN CHALLENGE Education
- Learn to use your digital camera!
- Learn to use Adobe Photoshop
- Practice working with composition, layout, and presentation
- Practice working with conveying your concepts with photography
- Practice working with colors and lighting
- Learn the Topcoder Challenge submission process
DESIGN MONTH FUN CHALLENGE Timeline & Prize Structure:
Start: May 1, 2017 @5:00PM EDT
Rolling Checkpoint: May 15, 2017 @8:00AM EDT
Final: May 29, 2017 @8:00AM EDT
- The Top 25 designers all get a Topcoder T-Shirt!
- All Category Winners will receive a $50 Bonus
- Topcoder Members
- General Public
- Topcoder Clients
- Theme: Creativity in creating Topcoder Member Stock Photos!
- Logo: Creativity in using the Topcoder logo/placement
- Quality: Photo execution and framing
- Presentation: Use of color and lighting (is your photo well lit)
- Please submit your "Stock Photo" as a lower resolution JPG or PNG files.
All original digital source files of the submitted photo.
Create a 1024x1024 JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode and place a screenshot from your submission within it.
As this is a FUN CHALLENGE we will not have any Final Fixes. If we do have additional updates or fixes we will work with you directly as a Topcoder Task.
Please read the challenge specification carefully and watch the forums for any questions or feedback concerning this challenge. It is important that you monitor any updates provided by the client or Studio Admins in the forums. Please post any questions you might have for the client in the forums.