Welcome to the OPM - Bug Hunt - Accessibility contest! In this contest, you will test the application adheres to Section 508 guidelines for web application accessibility based on the provided documentation..
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has an existing legacy application called the Service Credit Redeposit/Deposit System (SCRD). The mission of the Service Credit Redeposit/Deposit System (SCRD) is to compute deposits and redeposits, create an initial bill, post payments, and send out receipts to federal employees for periods of federal employment service that were either not covered by retirement deductions (deposits), or were covered and later refunded by the federal government (redeposits).
The goal of this competition is to clearly identify the limitations of the provided applicatiton and ensure the requirements as they were described have been met. You can find the documents describing the applications in project wiki.
The given application must be tested in the following browsers:
Chrome V. 31
Internet Explorer 11
Internet Explorer 10
Login to the application with the following user credentials:
- user1 / 123456
The guidelines for this contest are given below:
- As issues are identified they need to be logged in JIRA.
- Issues must include clear descriptions, test cases and steps to reproduce and expected vs. actual results in order to be counted.
- First competitor to find an issue gets credit, duplicates will not be counted.
- Reviewers will accept, reject or mark the issues as duplicate.
- Please DO take a look at the reported bugs, duplicated bugs cost your work time and the reviewer's time.
- Java 6
- EJB 3.1
- RedHat Enterprise Linux Server 6.4
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.1
- Spring 3.2.3
- Hibernate 4.2.3
- PostgreSQL 9.2.4
- iText 5.4.4
- iText RTF 2.1.7
- jFreeChart 1.0.16
The following documentation will be available in the contest forum:
- Section 508 Compliance Plan
- Section 508 Assessment Form
- Section 508 Accessibility Details
- UI Prototype or Online
- Real Test Data samples
You can find more documentation and resources in the project wiki
We have deployed the application on a VM and you can access them from the following links:
Some of the additional resources helpful for the project are
Contest Prize Eligibility
Final Submission Guidelines
Bug Report Process
Bug Report Format
For each report of a limitation or bug, we need the following information:
- Steps to reproduce, including any needed information
- Screen shots (if applicable)
- Expected results after the bug is fixed
- Current results, before the bug is fixed
- Browser version
You will log your tickets here: https://apps.topcoder.com/bugs/browse/OPMBH and when creating a bug you MUST select the SCRD Accessibility JIRA component. Bugs will not be counted if a selection is not made. If you don't have access to this project please send an email to request access to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The Scoring guidelines followed for the contest are given below:
Some of the tips helpful for the contest are:
- Submitting what is obviously the same issue multiple times with small variations will only annoy the reviewer that has to sort through all the issues and will only count as one issue anyway. If it's less obvious if it is the same issue or not, use your best judgment and the reviewers will do the same.
- Put an eye on the issues being submitted by other members to minimize the time you may be spending on duplicate efforts. Knowing what has already been reported will allow you to better focus your time on finding yet undiscovered issues.
- Double check your steps to reproduce and test cases to make sure they are clear. Make sure your steps include creation of any necessary data.
You need report your issues in JIRA. Please submit a text file contains the bugs you reported to OR.
- For each member, the final submission should be uploaded to the Online Review Tool.
- You must not include any identifying information, such as your handle, in your submission. Your submission should be anonymous and you will be scored down in screening for not complying.