May 11, 2021 A Pivot to Simplicity: Updated Project Plans are Here
Often in life, it’s better to simplify things. Our original Project Plan, while well-intentioned, became cumbersome to navigate and update, and therefore, wasn’t used as much as we’d want it to be. We listened to our Copilots (skilled members of the community who serve as PMs), and our customers, and drastically simplified what a project plan delivers to you—so that you have the info you need, in a quick and easy view.
Updated Feature Release Announcement
- Updated Feature: Project Plan
- Release Date: 04/30/2021
- Platform Segment: Projects App (Connect)
- Business Segment: Enterprise Crowdsourcing
- Audience: Customers, Copilots, Topcoder Employees
Your new project plan – LESS IS MORE
Prior to this update, Project Plan was overly complex in both the maintenance and the information conveyed. With the need for maintenance it sometimes led to milestones not being marked complete. This ultimately presented an inaccurate view of the project’s delivery progress.
We simplified Project Plan so that only the following information is required for set-up and maintenance:
- Project Title (Ex. Sprint 1)
- Description (Ex. “During Sprint 1 a new API will be developed to support the backend architecture for the application. In addition, we will source designs for the three new registration screens.)
- Start Date
- End Date
AN improved platform experience
The new simplified Project Plan provides:
- Easier set-up and maintenance
- More accurate presentation of delivery plan and progress
- Streamlined app experience
See how your team can use Topcoder’s platform to scale productivity by booking a demo here. During a demo, we can personalize the app tour for you, diving deeper into the features you’re most interested in.