October 2, 2017 A How To: F2F Challenges at Topcoder
F2F (First 2 Finish) challenges are fast-paced challenges where members are required to do small tasks like fixing bugs or adding new features in an existing application.
The first valid submission that meets the requirements wins the challenge.
While focusing on submitting a valid solution as soon as possible, you should NOT omit following the best practices and the application’s coding style otherwise this may cause your submission to be rejected.
Here are some tips that will help you ensure that your submission will win:
- Start as early as possible.
Since the first submission that meets the requirements wins, you don’t want to start too late.
- Check the existing code and see how it’s written.
This will make debugging a lot easier.
- Think simple. Don’t spend much time overthinking and trying to find the most complicated solution.
Try to find the simplest possible way to solve an issue or implement a new feature.
You can find the available F2F challenges here.
Check out some of our past F2F Challenges:
– QUARTZ ENERGY MUD LOG IMAGE TAG COLLISION UPDATE
– GITHUB HELPER SERVICE
– TOPCODER – COMMUNITY APP – REFACTOR COMMUNITYSTATS COMPONENT
This article is part of the 5 Weeks to Learn Topcoder educational series. Want to learn more? Check out the entire series and all the helpful content here.