February 2, 2018 Compete in SRM 729: Win Tickets to Hello India ICPC Programming Bootcamp!
Hello Competitive Programmers!
Harbour.Space University in collaboration with Moscow Workshops, ACM-ICPC, Amrita University, Topcoder and Codeforces is bringing the best training practices and coaches to India, from March 21st to March 30th, to prepare 150 students for the next ACM-ICPC World Finals. You can read more about the bootcamp here.
Topcoder is always trying out new ways to motivate budding competitive programmers. Keeping in line with that effort, we are happy to announce that we will be sponsoring Tickets to Hello India Programming Bootcamp.
Topcoder will sponsor ICPC India Bootcamp tickets for 4 India-based members. Two best performers – from Division 1 and Division 2 each – in SRM 729 (See what time it starts in your area) will get a chance to attend the camp.
In case you win a ticket, but won’t be able to attend the bootcamp for some reason, you can vacate the slot and the ticket will be awarded to the next member in the waiting list. Please note Topcoder will only be sponsoring the camp tickets (worth $600 for the members concerned). Members will have to bear all other related costs by themselves.
Some key facts about the camp:
- World’s first boot camp that would happen simultaneously in two countries
- 8 days of intense training on competitive programming
- Series of contests based on the topics taught each day
- Coaching lead by the world’s best competitive programmers
- Trainers include ACM-ICPC World Champions and their coaches
- Gold & Silver medalists in IOI
The event will have feature some of the most recognizable faces such as Andrey Stankevich, and Mike Mirzayanov, along with legends Michael Tikhomirov, Artem Vasilyev, Oleg Khristenko, and Gleb Evstropov to train the participants, all of whom will be using their training to compete for a number of prizes and internships.
Don’t know how to compete in Topcoder SRMs?
Check out this guide to successfully compete in an algorithm match.
You can compete using:
- Topcoder Web Arena(Beta) – Please watch this video for a step by step guide.
- Topcoder Java Applet – You can refer to this guide here to setup the applet. (Note that those who have Java 8 installed on their machine will confront a security issue – You will have to add Topcoder in security exceptions in Java Control Panel. Please refer to the details in the guide here)
Not based in India?
If you are not located in India but would want to attend programming bootcamps, Team Topcoder is more than happy to help you out! You can become a better programmer by attending these bootcamps. Drop us a note (at email@example.com) about bootcamps happening in your country and we will try to get you – or someone deserving – to attend such bootcamps.