Topcoder Challenge Architect APPLY
- Does working on the latest technologies excite you?
- Want to work with some of the top developers from around the world?
- Does designing applications, developing high-end algorithms, and working on complex data science problems thrill you?
- Located in either the East or West coast (USA)?
If so, you may be a perfect fit for our Challenge Architect role at Topcoder!
Topcoder is a crowdsourcing platform and talent network that connects businesses with hard-to-find expertise. The Topcoder Community includes more than one million of the world’s top designers, developers, data scientists, and algorithmists. Global enterprises and startups alike use Topcoder to accelerate innovation, solve challenging problems, and tap into specialized skills on demand.
Topcoder delivery team
The Topcoder Delivery team is a customer-focused team tackling new and complex digital issues by leveraging the power of the Topcoder Community and our platform. We think we research, we explore, we try, we design, we code, and we execute like no other digital team in the world. We create value through our unique delivery model while continuously finding new ways of doing things.
The Topcoder Challenge Architect is the conduit between our customers, the sales team, and our large external developer community. We are looking for individuals who are a unique blend ofTechnical Architect (60%) and Delivery Manager (40%). As a Challenge Architect, you will execute a wide range of projects across multiple global clients — starting with designing the technical solution, providing estimations, and implementing solutions by leveraging the Topcoder Community. You will work on a range of projects spanning UX design, code development, data science, blockchain, and other cutting-edge areas.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A CHALLENGE ARCHITECT
- Directly work, engage, and manage customers to drive customer and project success.
- Review, capture, and advise on project requirements with customers.
- Drive technical design and solve customer solutions at an architectural level across a variety of platforms and technologies.
- Breakdown technical designs and solutions into consumable crowdsourcing challenges for the Topcoder Community.
- Work with the Topcoder Delivery Team to create challenges and execute on projects.
- Monitor and manage project/challenge schedules to ensure timelines stay on track for assigned customer projects.
- Manage and execute Git and the GitFlow process, including branching, pull requests and merge conflicts.
- Quickly deploy and test solutions across a variety of technology stacks and validate the work completed by the community.
- Act as a generalist across all Topcoder work streams (i.e., design, development, and data science) — with particular expertise in software development.
- Identify risks within the projects and propose ways to mitigate those risks.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years in an IT industry.
- 3+ years of consulting experience working with customers.
- 5+ years of experience with technical implementations of customer projects.
- Experience operating on the multiple layers of an application stack (both front and back).
- Experience running or participating in projects across multiple remote teams and regions globally.
- Well versed in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience building applications in multiple technology languages, such as Node.js, Angular.js, JAVA, Apex, Salesforce, Android, iOS, HTML5, PhoneGap, Ruby, .NET, Python,Go, Redis, Kafka, and MongoDB (with the ability to learn and apply new technologies when appropriate).
- Proven technical acumen to identify and deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to translate customer requirements into implementation plans.
- Eager to learn and keep up to date with current web development trends and libraries.
- Strong writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- An enthusiastic, professional, and confident personality, with a focus on customer success and a team player attitude.
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Your resume has been received. Because of the large amount of applicants, we can not reach back out to everyone. We will contact candidates that we feel will be a great addition to the Topcoder team for additional interviews.