Sales Engineer APPLY
Topcoder is on a mission to become the number one platform for accessing top digital talent. The Topcoder Community includes more than one million of the world’s top designers, developers, data scientists, and algorithmists. Global enterprises and startups alike use Topcoder to accelerate innovation, solve challenging problems, and tap into specialized skills on demand.
Sales Engineer is a bridge between our Customers and Platform. They solve problems upstream so they don’t become downstream revenue holes. They support an Account Managers territory/sales targets, by providing technical sales support and working directly with customers at multiple levels.
What the job is not:
The job is not a professional services role. While SE may bill hours depending on the business relationship between customer and Topcoder, that is not a primary focus. The job is not a quota carrying sales role – the AM is responsible for executing the sales activities related to their accounts/territory, the SE will support with their specialty knowledge.
This position can be located anywhere and is primarily a remote work position that requires independent work and a high standard of communication and coordination with team members.
- 5+ years software architecture and development
- In depth familiarity with front and back end software development
- Our stacks are
- 3+ years of experience in Mobile (iOS & Android) development and/or Web application development experience
- 3+ years experience working with Cloud Service Providers, ie. AWS, MS Azure, GCP
- 3+ years of consulting experience and 3+ years of experience with technical implementations of customer projects
- Experience working with CI/CD tools like CircleCI, GitHub Pipelines, Jenkins, etc…
- Bonus: Experience in UX/UI design work
- Bonus: Experience in Data Science
Ideal candidates will be:
- Life long learners – Topcoder is often helping customers adopt the newest technologies – the SE will stay at the forefront of these trends
- Hands on technologists, with some consulting experience or similar – able to identify & engineer adaptations of our products, services to meet the needs of our customers
- Have key technical expertise, including:
- Familiar with software methodologies especially agile, and adapting them to suit specific needs
- Knowledge of devops stacks, including being able to setup a “hello world” environment
- Able to provide high level solutioning and first pass estimation based on “white board level architecture” onsite or remotely
- Strong problem solvers – The SE is comfortable with uncertainty that comes with software development & has the ability to navigate through various situations
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Your resume has been received. Because of the large amount of applicants, we can not reach back out to everyone. We will contact candidates that we feel will be a great addition to the Topcoder team for additional interviews.