Product Manager APPLY
Topcoder is on a mission to become the number one platform for accessing top digital talent. The TopcoderCommunity includes more than one million of the world’s top designers, developers, data scientists, and algorithmists. Global enterprises and startups alike use Topcoder to accelerate innovation, solve challenging problems, and tap into specialized skills on demand.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for being the product owner of our customer applications including creating, owning, and driving our product roadmap across customer applications. You must be able to work across project teams and multitask multiple deliverables.
- You are curious and not afraid to think outside the box.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about crowdsourcing and working with a large community.
- You care about process and delivering high quality applications.
- You are capable of managing many people and keeping them on track all while working on tracking several high level projects.
- You can work across designers, developers and customers to provide a seamless customer experience.
- You understand data, how to track it, analyze and utilize it to drive decisions.
- You’re detail-oriented, thorough, and creative.
- Understand customer pain points and design customer experiences to address them
- Own the product roadmap and spec, prioritize, manage, and ship new features across all areas of our product
- Work to improve a product development process that delivers rapid iteration
- Work closely with our team to define product vision and strategy
- Collaborate with the engineering team to execute our product vision
- Communicate with internal stakeholders (including sales, support, marketing, and operations) to define features that will increase customer satisfaction and achieve our growth goals
- Experienced working with remote teams and in an agile development environment.
- Financial awareness of cost of quality and risk management to business
- Communication skills and sensitivity are key aspects to keep good working relationship with the different sites and global/regional functions
- Ability to overcome discrepancies in interpretation of quality requirements without compromises.
- Ability to talk round and negotiate ‘grey’ areas.
- Ability to build up human relationships and a basis of mutual trust between quality and project teams
- Data focused and can help track and produce key metrics
- 3+ years of product management experience (software domain experience not required, but nice to have)
- Solid User / Customer Experience
- A high degree of customer empathy
- Excellent organizational skills and task management abilities
- Ability to communicate with engineers about technical decisions
- Passion for solving big problems and having an immediate and positive impact
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Your resume has been received. Because of the large amount of applicants, we can not reach back out to everyone. We will contact candidates that we feel will be a great addition to the Topcoder team for additional interviews.