Platform Architect APPLY
Topcoder Platform Architect (presales/post sales) will push the state of the art in Crowdsourcing with Topcoder’s prospects, partners, and strategic accounts. The successful candidate will have abroad understanding of software methodologies, architectures, and tooling (e.g. devops pipelines.) The sales engineer will work with sales and sales management to help achieve order booking targets through development of scaled crowd programs at specific accounts and supporting the capture of large custom projects. Above all, you have a customer-focused mindset and are a hands-on technical expert to support the sales activities in your territory.
Topcoder is the leading platform for enterprise crowdsourcing helping customers achieve their digital, innovation, and engineering goals. This individual contributor position is solely responsible for generating business at new accounts and expanding business at existing accounts within a specified territory. It is a mix of territory management and solution selling, including leveraging Topcoder’s growing partner ecosystem of GSIs and delivery partners to provide the best outcomes for customers. Ideally AE’s become the “crowd advisor” for enterprise customers and motivate them to expand usage of the Topcoder platform and offerings.
- Solution for large custom development programs to influence customer buy decision towards crowdsourcing, including executing limited POCs to resolve technical spikes and establish crowd capability on specific tech stack or language.
- Understanding of the client’s SDLC methodology in order to modify with minimal friction to capture requirements for crowd work streams, and return outcomes (typically software)into SDLC.
- Solve problems with “non-standard” approaches when standard approaches have limitations that would preclude use of crowdsourcing.
- Ability to estimate the effort to translate the architecture components into crowdsourcing fit assessment and implementation is an integral part of the job.
- Customer Transition roadmap to Crowdsourcing and defining new organizational roles and training customer stakeholders is an important part of this role. Ensure smooth handoff to delivery resources (customer, partner, or Topcoder personnel) and provide escalation support as required.
- Mentoring and guiding customer / Wipro Account architects by enabling them to innovate and value add crowdsourcing based execution methodology is an integral part of the job function.
- Develop a strong relationship with Platform Development team to ensure knowledge sharing and working consistent with long term vision of the company.
You would be an ideal fit if you meet these qualifications:
- The ideal candidate is expected to have the right competency to fulfill the job requirements listed above.
- There is no specific number of years required, however it is likely a candidate will have10+ years of professional experience in software engineering (product development or consulting) to have breadth and depth experience required of a trusted advisor.
- Crowdsourcing methodology understanding will be preferred, it is highly recommended that candidates research crowdsourcing during the interview process as they will be expected to quickly ramp up and start working in the field.
- The Candidate is expected to have the following experiences:
- Algorithm development, APIs / Microservices, Open Source libraries2
- Deep implementation experience in one of the programming languages likeAngular, Node, Python, C/C++, Java
- Emerging technologies such as AI, Blockchain, AR/VR, Containerization
- I/CD Pipeline build and creation
- Implementation knowledge of Cloud deployment and migrations with AWS,Google cloud, Pivotal stack
- The candidate should be a quick study and self learner – since the role will be pushing the cutting edge of what can be done with crowd – the candidate needs to be able to learn emerging technologies rapidly and develop a point of view on how to leverage crowdsourcing/Topcoder.
- The candidate is expected to have excellent soft skills like consultative behavior, business orientation and strong team spirit to collaborate with delivery, sales and customer teams with fluency in written and oral communication skills and ability to influence the right approach.
- Ability to travel within territory up to 80%, with 25-50% being typical.
- Hands on experience with design, development, or data science projects for either enterprise or technology companies
- Experience in IT technology consulting projects in the areas of analyzing existing system architectures and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives
- Knowledge/understanding of emerging technology stacks and software development methodologies
- Drive and motivation to make crowdsourcing the next major industry trend.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply them in real world situations
- Detail oriented, ability to do some hands on work if required
- For US only, not eligible for visa sponsorship
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Your resume has been received. Because of the large amount of applicants, we can not reach back out to everyone. We will contact candidates that we feel will be a great addition to the Topcoder team for additional interviews.