Data Scientist APPLY
At Topcoder, we believe that decisions are based on data, not intuition. We are looking for a passionate and focused data scientist to harness the power of our 18 years of data to develop creative, data driven solutions to satisfy the needs of our members and customers.
As a data scientist in the product development team you will work on high impact topics that shape how people use and interact with our platform. You will work as our first Data Scientist to explore one of the largest collections of objective data around how software is developed. You will also have access to our data science platform to work with other data scientists, engineers, and product owners to drive forward our internal algorithm development and insight generation. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of data science and how we run challenges at topcoder.com.
Topcoder is the leading platform for enterprise crowdsourcing helping customers achieve their digital, innovation, and engineering goals. This individual contributor position is solely responsible for generating business at new accounts and expanding business at existing accounts within a specified territory. It is a mix of territory management and solution selling, including leveraging Topcoder’s growing partner ecosystem of GSIs and delivery partners to provide the best outcomes for customers. Ideally AE’s become the “crowd advisor” for enterprise customers and motivate them to expand usage of the Topcoder platform and offerings.
SMALL TEAM = BIG IMPACT
Topcoder Product Development is a small and growing team of passionate individuals. As a member of our core team you’ll make a large impact on our products, culture, & customers – measurably contributing to our overall success.
Topcoder as a platform is focused on quality community, trust, transparency and providing the “right” types of work. Our Product Development team is based on the same attributes.
- Build models to predict the pricing, quality and timelines of software development tasks.
- Work on our proprietary rating system for software professionals.
- Determine new evaluation metrics and simulation techniques to better evaluate and anticipate performance in software development.
- Support the development and vision of our data science platform.
- Perform exploratory analysis to identify improvement opportunities for algorithm ideas and business opportunities.
You would be an ideal fit if you meet these qualifications:
- Has practical experience working with data science or machine learning.
- Holds a degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- Has an exceptional understanding of data analysis and statistics and has experience working with both in either an academic or professional context.
- Has an excellent understanding of SQL and R or Python.
- Has a strong analytical mindset with the ability to handle and draw insights from large amounts of data.
- Has good communication skills and confidence in presenting ideas and findings to stakeholders.
- Works well independently and can prioritize effectively in order to maximize efficiency.
- Speaks English (our company language) fluently.
- Experience with online data science competitions.
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Your resume has been received. Because of the large amount of applicants, we can not reach back out to everyone. We will contact candidates that we feel will be a great addition to the Topcoder team for additional interviews.