CAB-Artwork-V2

The Topcoder Community Advisory Board (CAB) is an honorary position held by a panel of community members who have a special interest in the growth and health of Topcoder. They are the liaisons between the community and the Topcoder staff, bringing community ideas and concerns to the forefront and helping to guide new features and platform enhancements.

The CAB has early access to upcoming features and meets with staff to brainstorm and speak for the community. The goal is to ensure the community has a strong voice about the future of Topcoder. Do you have some ideas you’d like to share with CAB to make the community even better? Join the discussion on the CAB forum! Now, let’s meet the team below!

sky_

Development

Sky_

I’ve been an active member for 4 years. Topcoder is my full-time job, and I participate in development and UI prototype tracks. I am happy to be a CAB member to improve our development community. In my spare time, I play with my cats and enjoy my Porsche :).

birdofpreyru

I am a 31 years old Russian guy living in Spain. Mostly self-trained software developer with background in computational Physics and Chemistry (got my PhD in 2012). Quite fresh, but active member of the Topcoder community, competing in Development track, and sometimes in Data Science challenges.

birdofpreyru

Development

thomaskranitsas

Development

thomaskranitsas

I’m currently studying software engineering at T.E.I. of Thessaly, Greece. I started at Topcoder in late 2015 when I was competing in algorithmic competitions on various web platforms but then I found Topcoder and I was immediately thrilled with the way Topcoder challenges work. I stopped competing in algorithms and started working on challenges in various tracks, mainly CODE, F2F, UI PROTOTYPE. Since then I work full time as both a competitor and reviewer. In my free time I play the guitar and if weather permits, I do paragliding.

Ravijune

I’m 26 and an Interaction Designer from India. I like sketching, designing and learning about Nutrition/Fitness. I joined Topcoder during December 2014 to learn about Interaction design (UI/UX) and the community has given me an immense knowledge in a very short span of time. I’ve realized TC has a great passion for the community and clients. So after a couple of months of joining Topcoder, I have decided to quit my job to be a full time competitor at Topcoder. I was fortunate enough to get qualified for TCO15 UI design Track, which happened at Yogyakarta, Indonesia and TCO16 at Washington DC. Topcoder sure has made my world light-up. And now being a part of the Community Advisory Board, it’s an immense pleasure to serve this amazing community the best I can to meet the expectations.

DaraK

Design

f0rc0d3r

Design

f0rc0d3r

I’m a Computer Engineer from Barcelona. I’ve been around the Topcoder platform for a little while. Opening the Topcoder site is always a desire: what I’m going to find today? I love that feeling of unexpected things and diversity. When I got to understand what was going on here I thought: “I wish I have known this before”… I can say that I know about both worlds, design and development, though for now I still prefer design because that’s not my speciality so I can improve and learn with every contest. During my time here and having the opportunity to go to TCOs I’ve met interesting people, all great workers and I’m proud to be amongst them :)

ltaravilse

I’ve been participating in Topcoder for almost a decade and I’ve been working a lot for making the competitive programming community grow. I’m the director for Argentina’s Training Camp that’s been hosted in different universities on many different cities in the country since 2010, receiving contestants from all over Latin America to help them improve their competitive programming skills. I’ve also been a problem setter in Topcoder since 2013. This year I’m starting my PhD and I’m looking forward to help the TopCoder community grow by being a CAB member.

ltaravilse

Data Science

CAB’s Commitment to the Topcoder Community

CAB members have a term of 12 months, during which time they spend time performing the following responsibilities:

• Attend monthly meetings with Topcoder staff
  • Review new ideas and features and provide feedback to Topcoder staff
  • Regularly communicate with the members and prioritize all wants/needs of the community
  • Recap meetings in a blog post and in the CAB forum
  • Maintain active voice in the CAB forum

CAB members are still active members and can compete on challenges and act as copilots and reviewers. Read more about the details of the program in the CAB FAQs.