Congratulations to gauravs23!

Members were eligible to win a trip from June 2, 2014 until August 1, 2014 during a challenge to see who could refer the most friends. The prize? An all-expenses paid trip to TCO14! To qualify to win a trip to TCO14 members had to refer more than 500 new signups between June 2, 2014 and August 1, 2014. The leading member in referrals won an all-expenses paid trip to TCO14. See the final leaderboard here.

I had missed the chance again, to be onsite at TCO14. Or so I had thought. But then came the Referral Program which launched June 2nd. I came to know about the program two days later, and had a very uphill task ahead of me. Getting 500 referrals for topcoder within a period 2 months. But at the same time, the prize was even bigger, an all-expense paid trip to TCO 2014, to be held in the beautiful city of San Francisco. It has always been my dream to go to the US but my luck never clicked and I wasn’t involved in any of the projects related to US. So this program, came like a golden ticket to not only be in US but also attend TCO, the world’s biggest developer event. This was another great opportunity given by topcoder to the community members

Read the rest of his story here.