Welcome to our Topcoder Skill Builder "Golang" Competition - With Automated Tester!
We are excited to kick-off our plans to help everyone skill up, have fun, and earn more money through Topcoder Gigs and Competitions. Jump-in, build your skills and as always let us know what you think and where Topcoder can continue to improve and bring competitions that are meaningful to you.
IMPORTANT: This Golang Skill Builder Competition is using Automated Tester to review your submission. Pay attention to detailed instructions for each level.
Topcoder Skill Builder Competition Structure
- Skill Builder Competition will have three (3) problems (Easy, Medium, and Hard) to solve. Each problem has steps to have you get started and learn Golang Step by Step.
- As you know, we have a lot of Gig Work Opportunities offers available for you right now. We would use these competitions to match you to our Gig Work Opportunities and also provide you with a Verified Skill Badge on your Topcoder Profile so you can add them to your resumes. So don’t hesitate to jump in, work on the competitions, and earn a job for yourself.
Viruses have wreaked havoc on Tycho stations data centers. Scientists stationed at the space station can not continue their research without the data and nearby ships are flying blind. Tycho station needs your help in writing a system for providing the much needed solar system data to the scientists of the station.
Your task for this Skill Builder Competition is to write an API to provide information about the main bodies in the solar system, their physical characteristics and orbital parameters.
- In the Easy challenge, you’ll be restoring data from available backups and writing them to a database.
- In the Medium challenge, you’ll be writing APIs to support querying the data.
- In the Hard challenge, you’ll be adding interfaces for nearby authorized stations to add, edit or delete the solar system data.
- Your submission will be reviewed immediately by the Automated Tester and you will receive a score on the leaderboard based on the number of requirements you fulfil or test cases you pass. If you fulfil 6/7 requirements you will get 6/7*100 = 85.71.
- In case you don't see a score, make sure you understand the submission guidelines. Also, look for Artifacts and Logs in Submission-Review to know more about your submission. You can also discuss in the challenge forum for any issues.
- About your submission review: Collaborating/Cheating in any way with anyone else (member or not) during a rated event is considered cheating. An excessive amount of unused content should be avoided. * Code Readability is expected with necessary comments, indentation and somewhat refactored code (as much as possible)
Please Note - You don’t need to submit anything on this competition, but submit on a particular level/problem. You must follow this submission folder structure so our automated test process can process your scoring:
- Create a folder with “code” as the folder name then zip.
- Inside the “code” folder, there needs to be a file named Dockerfile. This is the docker file used to build the user’s submission. Refer to the provided Docker file in Sample Submission for each level.
- Zip that “code” folder and submit to the challenge.
We have prepared three problems: Easy, Medium, and Hard, which are worth 250, 500, 1000 points respectively. Points are based on the difficulty of the problem. The competitions are related to each other. Each problem has some detailed requirements to achieve. We will judge your submission based on the requirements being fulfilled in each problem, so as long as the requirements are met with minimal code quality, you would be rewarded with points for that particular problem.
The links to the problems/competitions are provided below.
- Easy: 250 Points. Challenge Link: https://www.topcoder.com/challenges/558db3a2-743f-4948-93b8-01ad984a15ba
- Medium: 500 Points. Challenge Link: https://www.topcoder.com/challenges/92e75145-4fd6-4ea9-9f28-e48d1d7ca647
- Hard: 1000 Points. Challenge Link: https://www.topcoder.com/challenges/2055a7fa-5244-46cc-b4c9-a38c59791144