Welcome to the Spooky, Scary Bug Hunt Event 3!
This challenge is a LIVE event, which means you should only register for this if you can attend virtually on Zoom on October 22nd 2021 from 10.30am - 12.30pm EST. It is also required that you have a Github account as well.
Register for the Zoom event here:
This challenge will have up to $5,000 in prizes and the opportunity to earn t-shirts! Please make sure to read all the details about this fun event here.
At the beginning of this live event, you will have a Topcoder Host explain to you exactly what types of bugs you will be hunting and in which Spooky location. You will have 90 minutes to log your captures in Github.
CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE :
This challenge aims to find the functional bugs related to Topcoder Member Profiles.
WHAT TO TEST :
- Find bugs in the Topcoder Profile settings page (only in the sections in scope, given after point 2 below)
- Make changes to the settings in Profile settings page and verify they get updated to the:
- My profile page (https://www.topcoder.com/members/<your handle>) - only profile picture, country, short bio, skills, tracks and linked accounts from profile settings are displayed on this page
- Profiles app on the Micro Front End (https://platform.topcoder.com/profile/<your handle>)
Please note, only the below sections from Profile settings page are in scope.
- Profile - Basic info , Language, Education, Work, Skills, Hobbies
- Tools - Devices, Software, Service providers, Subscriptions
- Account - Username and password, Linked external account
- Preferences - Email preferences
OUT OF SCOPE :
- Private profiles (ex- Topgear)
- In Profile settings page these sections are out of scope - Preferences page - Payment, Forum tabs, Profile page- Communities tab
- In Profiles app on the Micro Front End (https://platform.topcoder.com/profile/ "your handle") and in the My profile page (https://www.topcoder.com/members/ "your handle") - individual functionalities are not in scope. Only check the setting changes from Profile settings page get updated to them which is mentioned in point 2 in ‘WHAT TO TEST’ section above
ACCEPTED TYPES OF BUGS :
Only functional issues such as load times, dead links, error messages, etc. will be accepted.
UI/UX bugs will not be accepted.
Browsers: Latest stable versions of
- Windows 10 / 11
- P0 - 10
- P1 - 7
- P2 - 4
- P3 - 1
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Create an account on GitLab (if you do not already have one), use this link to self-register to the repository: https://x.topcoder.com/api/v1/gitlab/groups/registration/017d67b4-9de3-4cdc-8e53-e1480f8cf72e-1634557859622
Report issues in https://gitlab.com/bughunts/spooky-scary-bug-hunt-3/-/issues
Let us know if you have any questions in the challenge forum!
Follow the standard topcoder Bug Hunt Rules.
If you do not properly document your bug reports, they will likely be rejected due to lack of information or documentation. If you submit the same bug in multiple areas/pages, (for instance, Same validation issue of a form can be found in different pages/sections) you will likely get credit for the original bug report only. The others will all be closed as duplicates.
- Please don’t make adjustments or change labels of existing issues logged by other competitors.
- DON'T create the same issue on different platforms; instead, merge them into one; All the others will be marked as Duplicate.
- You must not edit the bug report once created, so make sure you enter all the details at the time you create the issue, otherwise, your issue will be moved to the end of the queue. If you really need to edit an issue you must use the comments section for this (i.e. add a comment to describe any changes you want to make to the issue), and we'll decide whether the changes are major enough to move the issue to the end of the queue. You are allowed to add screen shots in the comments section though, assuming your issue report contains all the details when created.
- You must specify the test data you have used in the 'Reproduction Steps', All the issues will be marked as 'Incomplete', if the correct test data is not provided.
- Keep an eye on the issues being submitted by other participants to minimize the time you may be spending on duplicate efforts. Knowing what has already been reported will allow you to better focus your time on finding yet undiscovered issues.
- There will be no appeals phase. The decision of PM/Copilot for validity and severity of each filled issue will be final.
Final Submission Guidelines
For each report of bug, we need the following information:
- Issue Title : Device Type Issue Desc eg. Web Unable to add product.
- Device: The type of device used.
- Operating System: OS being used.
- Browser: Used browser.
- Steps to reproduce : including any additional information (Must list all the steps, screen shots, that need to reproduce the bug.)
- Actual result: What actually happened.
- Expected results: What should happen.
- Bug Priority : p0/p1/p2/p3/p4 (ADD AS LABEL)
- Bug Type : Functional (ADD AS LABEL)
- Testing collateral: Screenshots of Device Info, Browser Details, and issue details
Bug URL: Address where the bug was found/detected.
When you are done with your reporting, please submit a .txt file in the challenge using the "Submit" button before the submission phase ends. In this file please include the following details:
TopCoder Handle: <> Github Username: <>