The goal of this challenge is to "seed" the designers (you) into the Rapid UI Design Tournament. Take a look at the design problem and submit your design! We are not expecting the design task in this challenge to take more than an hour.
Showcasing your concepts and skills in this challenge will determine your entrance in the design tournament and who you will initially face one-on-one!
The goal of the provided design problem is to analyze the user experience and provide a design concept and visual solution on how the application might look and work.
At Topcoder we are always pushing you to think about the user, the human experience, and being bold in your design decisions. Take some risks and have fun designing!
ALL TOPCODER DESIGN RULES APPLY. Entries must be your original work, and must not infringe on the copyright or licenses of others. All standard Topcoder Terms, Topcoder Policies apply to this challenge. Your design must be created by you and original to you. You are allowed to be inspired by design research but copying and submitting someone else's designs is against Topcoder policies and will not be tolerated.
RESPECT OTHER DESIGNERS. If you have any doubts ask!
Topcoder Community Code of Conduct
The goal of this challenge is to design the look and feel of a Tablet touch screen (used in a warehouse).
Problem: A large e-commerce company is having issues quickly packing online orders because not all products have the same size. The company is looking to optimize box usage by designing a mobile (tablet) application that recommends the best packing options:
1. Quickly identifies how many products an order has
2. Calculates the box dimensions needed
3. Recommend the best box (or boxes) to pack the order
This will help the company to pack faster and reduce costs by using the best optimal box size and quantity to any order.
Note: Sizes/dimensions of items/products are already known. This is essentially a packing recommendation tool. The user will need to make the final judgment (and why it would be on the warehouse floor).
1-Hour RUX Challenge
1) Design a Tablet screen (size is up to you) for use in a warehouse
2) Propose a Dashboard that shows
- Orders (Filter: Paid, On Hold, Cancelled)
- Priority (Free Shipping, Premium Delivery, Next Day, etc.)
- Number of items in the order
- Recommendation of the best box (or boxes) to pack the items. (Key is fewer boxes)
3) Once items are packed, update the order status to "ready to ship".
Note: This can be one screen, multiple screens - up to you.
Think of the warehouse worker referencing the app and its recommendations.
Design & Branding Guidelines
- Design for your idea and what you think the best UX could be.
- Font usage is up to the designer
- Color Palette is up to the designer
- Don't overthink it!
Submission Format Requirements
- Tablet Screen(s)
- Warehouse Shipping Managers
Your submission will be quickly judged on the following criteria:
- Good clean UI design
- Does the UX make sense
- Originality in your concepts.
Submission & Source Files
- Submit JPG/PNG for your submission files.
Please read the challenge specification carefully and watch the forums for any questions or feedback concerning this challenge. It is important that you monitor any updates provided by the client or Studio Admins in the forums. Please post any questions you might have for the client in the forums.