Welcome to our Topcoder Skill Builder "Figma" Competition!
We are excited to kick-off our plans to help everyone skill up, have fun, and earn more money through Topcoder Gigs and Competitions. Jump-in, build your skills and as always let us know what you think and where Topcoder can continue to improve and bring competitions that are meaningful to you.
Figma is one of the newest design tools on the market and is catching up fast with Sketch and XD. It has the advantage of being an online application so anyone can use it no matter their operating system and it’s also faster. We are seeing an increased demand for it from our customer.
In this Figma Skillbuilder Competition you will learn how to work within Figma, use grid and define reusable styles, create components with variants, how to plan and design your application to be responsive and also learn about advanced prototyping.
Topcoder Skill Builder Competition Structure
Skill Builder Competition will have three (3) problems (Easy, Medium, and Hard) to solve. Each problem has steps to have you get started and learn Angular Step by Step.
As you know, we have a lot of Gig Work Opportunities offers available for you right now. We would use these competitions to match you to our Gig Work Opportunities and also provide you with a Verified Skill Badge on your Topcoder Profile so you can add them to your resumes. So don’t hesitate to jump in, work on the competitions, and earn a job for yourself.
We are going to have 3 different problems for each level of difficulty. For the first problem you are going to design an Ad Manager application where you will learn how to work with a grid system, define styles, design charts and simple prototyping.
For the second challenge we are going to focus on coming with the UX and UI for a Restaurant Order Management responsive tablet application and you will get more knowledge on how to create components, define constraints and make your design responsive for mobile and export assets.
The third and most difficult challenge will be to design a desktop application to help a doctor plan his appointments where we will focus on learning how to create component variants and do advanced prototyping.
We have prizes to give out. These prizes will be given out manually (and not at the end of the contest automatically) based on the reviews and overall leaderboard.
The prizes are:
- Tshirt for everyone: every successful submitter on any Skill Builder Competition gets a Topcoder t-shirt. Note: if you have previously competed in the Design Month Figma Skillbuilder challenge, in order to win a t-shirt, you should improve your score and you should get a score over 75% of total score, meaning to get over 1312.5 of 1750 points.
- First Time Submitter: 50 First time submitters on any of the SKill Builder Competition get $50 as a bonus
- Gig Workers Bonus: Gig Worker who have never competed in a Topcoder Challenge, get $50 as a bonus above the mentioned prizes
- AlefEdge Skill Builder Bonus: If you successfully submit in any Topcoder Skill Builder Competition plus participate succesfully in the AlefEdge Skill Builder Competition, the first 50 members will earn an additional $100 bonus.
- Multiple Skill Builder Submissions: The more you participate, the more you earn. There are 9 Skill Builder Competitions and we'll double your September bonus prizes if you successfully submit to all of them.
Please Note - You don’t need to submit anything on this competition, but submit on a particular level/problem
- We have prepared three problems: Easy, Medium, and Hard, which are worth 250, 500, 1000 points respectively. Points are based on the difficulty of the problem.
- The competitions are related to each other.
- The links to the problems/competitions are provided below.
- Each problem has some detailed requirements to achieve. We will judge your submission based on the requirements being fulfilled in each problem, you would be rewarded with points for that particular problem.
Here is the leaderboard with individual problem score and total score across weeks is available.
Please read the challenge specification carefully and watch the forums for any questions or feedback concerning this challenge. It is important that you monitor any updates provided by the client or Studio Admins in the forums. Please post any questions you might have for the client in the forums.