Read the challenge specification carefully and watch the forums for any questions or feedback concerning this challenge. Let us know if you have any questions in the challenge forum!
Round 1Your initial T-Shirt Design in Provided Template
Round 2Your T-Shirt Design in Provided Template with feedback applied.
- Your design should be in vector.
- The theme is open for you to explore. The only requirement is your design needs to promote the EdgeNet platform
- Your design should incorporate the Topcoder and EdgeNet logos.
- The T-shirt design needs to be engaging! Think and design creatively, explore out-of-the-box ideas and new possibilities to make this something that everybody (including YOU) would like to wear. However, DO NOT overdesign it! Simple T-Shirts are the best t-shirts.
- No generic graphics, make sure there's something meaningful to your design. Something that really speaks about what EdgeNet and Topcoder represent. So stay away from computer mouses, globes, computers, code, etc.
- Design area. Please only use the t-shirt design template for the places/areas where your design can go on the shirt. T-shirt Design Area Template. If you think there is a better way to show your design, you are free to show us, but only using the areas established on the template.
- Design colors. Please only use the Topcoder and EdgeNet colors, or black and white.
- T-shirt color. Design on a black, or white, or gray t-shirt. Pick your choice to best fit your concepts.
- Gradients. Do not use gradients in your T-Shirt design.
- Logo. Your design must have the Topcoder and EdgeNet logo on it and you must retain the correct aspect ratio of the logo. We DO NOT need to include the AlefEdge logo right now.
- Avoid intricate designs. Remember you are designing for print media, so try to stay away from designs that are too intricate, as they would be hard to reproduce on fabric.
- Multiple concepts. Your submission can have multiple designs if they only represent small variations on one concept. You can do multiple submissions but only truly different concepts.
- Design Tools. Your design should be in vector format. Feel free to use any vector tools (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch).
Use these elements as references and inspiration. DO NOT copy anything. We are looking for your original ideas and creativity to make something unique for our community.
- Check out some online T-shirt retailers, and the kinds of illustration-centric designs that can be created, like http://www.threadless.com/catalog/type,guys/style,tees
- You might want to check the EdgeNet platform for additional inspiration on how to incorporate their design style in your design.
- Do not limit yourself to this, remember, originality is the key.
- Topcoder members (you!).
- EdgeNet and Topcoder staff and customers
Please check forum for documentation
- Your submission will be judged on the following criteria:
- Uniqueness and Originality.
- Overall idea and execution of concepts.
- Creativity: the t-shirt should be visually exciting and engaging.
- Quality: the quality of the graphics as well as following the provided guidelines.
Please create your preview image as one (1) 1024x1024 JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode at 72dpi and place your submissions within it.
All requested challenge Deliverables in JPG or PNG file format in RGB color mode at 72dpi.
All original source files of the submitted design. Files should be created in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Figma, or Sketch and saved as layered files with 300 dpi resolution.
As part of the final fixes phase, you may be asked to tweak your design based on client feedback.
Stock photography is not allowed in this challenge. All submitted elements must be designed solely by you. See this page for more details.
Please read the challenge specification carefully and watch the forums for any questions or feedback concerning this challenge. It is important that you monitor any updates provided by the client or Studio Admins in the forums. Please post any questions you might have for the client in the forums.