Veterans Day is an official United States public holiday, observed annually on November 11, that honors military veterans; that is, persons who served in the United States Armed Forces. On 2017, Topcoder starts a Veterans Community (https://veterans.topcoder.com/
) where military service members and veterans can learn and experience a career transition to the technology area with the world's premier crowdsourcing platform.
To celebrate Veterans Day, we will reward T-shirt to all veterans member that participate in any Topcoder challenges or join the community in November.
Create a meaningful and attractive T-shirt design that able to reflect the celebration of "Veterans Day" with Topcoder
- Think of a T-shirt design that would individually stand out: it could be an illustration, a typographic creation, something wicked and cool - it's entirely up to you. Design something that you would want to keep and wear!
- No generic graphics, make sure there's something meaningful to your design!
- T-shirt design can be on Front Side only, or Both Front and Back Side of the T-shirt (your choice)!
- Keep it simple, don't overdesign it!
- Remember you are designing for print media. This means no gradients and tries to stay away from designs that are too intricate, as they would be hard to reproduce on fabric.
- This T-shirt design needs pop! It's going to be a prize for a Veterans Member who will want to show them off at events like the TCO, so make it something memorable - think and design creatively!
- We need a great design that prominently features "Veterans Day" and "Topcoder". The American flag or American type design is welcome but not required.
- It can have Topcoder logo on it: https://www.topcoder.com/about/topcoder-brand-guidelines/
- Place your design into a T-shirt template
(Dark and Light colors)
- Avoid using gradient design as this will not look good in print.
- Minimize the use of colors, ideally, use military colors or Topcoder colors.
- Showcase your design using various T-shirt mockup
- The following references serves as for inspiration only, DO NOT copy exactly their design:
- Check out some online t-shirt retailers, and the kinds of illustration-centric designs that can be created, like: http://www.threadless.com/catalog/type,guys/style,tees
- Topcoder Veteran Members
- Design Appeal
- Uniqueness and Originality
- Creativity - The t-shirt should be visually exciting and engaging and should incorporate concepts around Veterans Day celebration with Topcoder.
- Quality - The quality of the graphics as well as following the provided guidelines
Please create your preview image as one (1) 1024x1024 JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode at 72dpi and place your submissions within it. You are free to resize or crop your submission to fit this size, but do not add any filters or elements for dramatic effects, such as drop shadows or reflections.
- All requested Contest Deliverables in JPG or PNG file format in RGB color mode at 72dpi.
- Create High-resolution PDF file to show your design
- All original VECTOR source files of the submitted design. Files should be created in Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, Inkscape, or similar programs and saved as layered AI or EPS files.
- Your source files must meet these requirements:
-- The AI/EPS/Sketch logo file with text intact (not outlined).
-- The AI/EPS/Sketch logo file with text in outlined format.
As part of the final fixes phase, you may be asked to modify colors or fonts.