We are looking to build a mobile application that would provide a means for NWL employees to list their skills and search for people with specific skills required for assistance on a task. The user should be able to ask questions or ask for help on issues. The gamification element of the app is that there would be a points/rewards system for answering questions and solving problems. Feel free to use creative license. We want this challenge to be as open and innovative as possible.
RUX Challenge Timeline and Rolling Checkpoint
- Submission Start: 06/28/2018 at 12:00 EDT
- Rolling Checkpoint Start: 06/30/2018 at 12:00 EDT
- Submission End: 07/01/2018 at 12:00 EDT
We are offering 5 Prizes Placements
1) 1st Placement: $2000
2) 2nd Placement: $1500
3) 3rd Placement: $1000
4) 4th Placement: $750
5) 5th Placement: $500
- Plus 8 placements for Rolling Checkpoint prizes @ $50 each!
Note: Important Rolling Checkpoint Details
- Trevor (@tgerring) or Issa (@High-Def) will be available for early submissions and Rolling Feedback!
- We will answer questions and provide Rolling Feedback as fast as possible.
- You must watch the Forum for your feedback!
*All initial qualifying checkpoint submissions will win $50 (Only first 8 potential submissions)
Things to think about:
- This design should be clean and professional. Think on a corporate end user.
- You can use icons from icon8 and Flaticon. Just remember to declare them on your notes/declaration file.
Required Screen Features
01) Profile Screen:
- The ability for an employee to create a profile that allows them to add all of their skills
- Edit/Add New Skill: Should have the ability to add appropriate skills to their profile
- Rating: Would be good to show the users current rating based on their skill set and activities around those skills (for ex: this user might answer a question or solve a problem around a specific skill in which they have experience, this way they gain more points).
- What else can be shown in a profile?
- There should be a feature that allows the user to search for assistance based on skills.
- This feature should allow matches to other employees based on the skills requested.
- The range of skills is wide. It could be anything from computer software (MS Word, Excel, PPT, etc.), general skills (client presentations, public speaking, etc.) or industry-specific (changing a meter, diagnosing an issue with a pump).
- Make it so that the user can ask for virtually anything they may need assistance on.
03) Employee Interaction, Ask a Question:
- The ability for employees to exchange information.
- This could be through Direct Messaging once a match is made, in a forum where the question is sent out to the NWL employee community giving people the option to respond to it or any other ways you can think of that will allow for the exchange of knowledge.
- Provide ability for the employees to post/ask a question
- We are looking for creative ideas.
04) Incentive System:
- There should be a way for an employee to obtain points, ratings, etc for answering a question, which can be redeemed at a later time for rewards provided by NWL.
05) Recommendations Feature:
- Allow for the user who is being helped to rate answers, and also provides comments to recommend the person that helped them.
- We are looking for your ideas for a report page that allows users to view below statistics:
- - - Show the top performers using the app, this could be based on Points, Ratings, Number of Questions Answered, Response Time, etc.
- - - - What are the most in-demand skills
- - - - My Rating
- - - - Feel free to add anything else that would be useful to be seen as a report, we are open to your thoughts.
07) Additional Features:
- As a designer any additional thoughts or features you would like to showcase?
08) Presentation Screen - 1920x1080 (16:9 Ratio)
- In a RUX challenge, this screen is the way to showcase your concept so keep it simple and make it look good
- If you were walking into a meeting and needed to sell your idea - use this screen to showcase your concept.
- Please find the branding details in the provided pdf!
Screen Sizes (Important)
- Mobile: 750px width and 1334px height (increased as needed)
- Use grid systems for your layout.
- We need you to upload your screens to Marvel App.
- Please request for your MarvelApp prototype in the respective thread in the forum (or) send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You MUST include your Marvelapp URL (in your marvelapp prototype, click on share and then copy the link & share it with your notes/comment this link while you upload).
Your submission will be judged on the following criteria:
- Overall idea and execution of concepts
- How well does your design align with the objectives of the challenge
- The overall design and user experience
- Cleanliness of screen design and user flow
- This application will be used by all internal employees to share/search for skills. NOTE: Some reporting elements may be restricted to specific users (e.g. HR)
Submission & Source Files
Please create your preview image as one (1) 1024x1024px JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode at 72dpi and place a screenshot of your submission within it.
- Submit JPG/PNG image files based on Challenge submission requirements stated above
- MarvelApp link for review and to provide feedback
All source files of all graphics created in either Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD or Sketch and saved as an editable layer
As part of the final fixes phase, you may be asked to modify your graphics (sizes or colors) or modify overall colors.