Our existing eRelease application needs an ambassador/person to make it works. Our application being used at an event like the Boston Marathon, where there will be an ambassador with an iPad (or iPhone) and a professional photographer. As the photographer takes pictures, the ambassador then photographs the image from the back of the pro camera when there is a photo they would like to use in marketing and/or social media. The ambassador then attaches this photo to the release through the app and asks the people that getting photographed to sign a release. The person fills in name and statement that they are over 18, reads the legal copy and signs with their finger.
We want to simplify this process and make the administration process more smoothly and can be done without ambassador involvement (self-service). The idea is to make a kiosk where people can sign up and give permission to use their images.
The purpose is to add new functionality to the eRelease application that will allow the app to have a self-service feature that will record a photo and release signature of a person attending an event so the Brand team can then use any photo of that person for future marketing materials and/or social media. This app must also be able to scan a database of past signers, based on email, to ensure there are no duplicates before requiring a photo and release signature.
New Proposed Use Case
- In any event, the Brand team would like to set up a bunch of iPads on a table and ask people to sign up and give permission to use their images.
- This process should be very simple and should not need any assistance/support from any JH individual/ambassador
Note: This F2F will use the following format, first submission that meets our requirements will win this challenge!!
1) General Requirements
- Keep existing functionality intact (being able to collect signatures as you take a photo of someone with the photographer or ambassador walking the person through the release process). To accommodate this, we need a way where the user can choose whether they want to run the app as self-service process (Kiosk) or as ambassador process (classic). This feature needs to appear anywhere on the app so the user can easily switch to their desired mode.
2) Self Service Registration Screens
- The self-service registration process needs to be very simple and user-friendly
- For example, the first screen of registration process should prompt the user to provide name, email, over 18, and if they are an employee with legal copy and place for signature and the second screen will show the photo of the person
- We will need details to be entered in the release form (note: event name and date are auto-filled):
-- Name of the person signing the release form
-- Event Name (Auto-populated from the app; put in from Settings)
-- Print Name
-- eSignature (simply a place/box for the individual to graphically draw their signature with their finger, this might need stand-alone screen)
-- Date (Auto-populated by app)
-- Selected image thumbnails added to the release
- If the photo has any children in it, we need to get the parent's consent before using this media (video/photo). This section is below the first signature area (see attached Release Form doc in documentation area):
-- Print Name
-- eSignature (simply a place/box for the individual to graphically draw their signature with their finger)
-- Date (Auto-populated by app)
- The application should be able to recognize emails to prevent duplication of individual information and authorization purpose. At the next event, if an employee has already provided a previous release, they don’t need to sign in again
3) Search Features
- The application needs to have information stored in a DB which can be accessed by JH employees to retrieve information as and when needed
4) Report Screen
- The Brand team should be able to run reports of the people and employee releases.
- Keep things consistent. This means allgraphic styles should work together.
- All of the graphics should have a similar feel and general aesthetic appearance
- Focus on User Experience / how user interactswithin the dashboard and other pages
- Follow our existing app (Screenshots available)
- iPad: 1536 x 2048 px
- Need to support both landscape and portrait orientation
- Screenshot of Existing eRelease App
- App will be used by both JH employees and general public
- How well you plan the user experience and capture your ideas visually.
- Cleanliness of your graphics and design.
- Overall design, UI and user experience.
- Consistency across the UX/UI
- How well you interpret the example screens (business relevance) and show us new ideas and concepts.
Submission & Source Files
Please create your preview image as one (1) 1024x1024px JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode at 72dpi and place a screenshot of your submission within it.
Submit JPG/PNG for your submission files
All original source files of the submitted design. Files should be created in Adobe Photoshop and saved as a layered PSD file, or Adobe Illustrator as a layered AI file or Sketch!
This F2F Design Challenge might have finalfix!