Welcome to the DMH DATA INSIGHTS Ideation Challenge Series. We are launching two parallel tracks looking for meaningful business insights, one with client only data, and one with client data + public data. You can participate in one or both but you need to register and submit to each respectively. Please ensure you are viewing and uploading to the correct one.
Track 1 - Client Only Data:
Track 2 - Client Data + Public Data:
In this particular challenge, DMH DATA INSIGHTS - TRACK 2, we seek creative analysis of the provided HEOS activation dataset with incorporated publicly available data.
Dataset DescriptionA new dataset can be downloaded here. On this new dataset, the client runs a new query in their database. Therefore, the IP addresses might be refreshed. The missing Macs could have been removed by the engineering team but for the most part everything should be the same. The major differences are: (1) More data has been added. The original data was up to September the latest is run through December; and (2) Email addresses are anonymized based on full email addresses. Therefore, please consider to use this new dataset, although the previous version is also good.
In the provided dataset (that can be downloaded here), there is connection information like MAC address and IP address, location information like zip code and GPS coordinates, product models, and registration information like activation date.
HEOS by Denon product descriptions are available here.
The submissions will be evaluated from different aspects:
1.) Relevance (40%)
- Business relevance of correlations (the more the better).
- Creative analysis of data.
- Is it actionable.
2.) Reproductivity (25%)
- If we have a different dataset in the same format as the provided one, we can easily re-conduct your analysis.
- Codes and scripts as well as the instructions are highly recommended.
3.) Readability (25%)
- Easy to understand.
- Tables and figures are highly recommended.
- Self contained. For example, filtering techniques should be well-defined.
4.) Innovativity (10%)
- Innovative publicly available data sources along with methods and models are encouraged.
Requirements to Win a Prize
- Achieve a passing score in the top 3 in TRACK 2. See the “Judging Criteria” section above.
- Submit a complete report at least 2 pages long outlining your proposal. The required content appears in the “Submission Requirement” section below.