Welcome to SoftBank - "Blockchain" Based Donation Service Responsive Website Design Challenge! In this challenge, we are looking forward to your help in coming up with the creative designs for the "Blockchain" Based Donation Service application for mobile browsers.
SoftBank is a Japanese multinational telecommunications and Internetcorporation, with operations in broadband, e-commerce, Internet,technology services, and other businesses.
A blockchain, widely known as the base technology of Bitcoin, is a distributed database that maintains a list of transactional data records hardened against tampering and revision.
SoftBank is going to develop the new platform based on the blockchain technology and a variety of services on top of it.
- As a proof of concept, they are going to develop a prototype of Blockchain based Donation Service.
- In this service prototype, each donation is recorded into the blockchain and everyone can see how their money is distributed and used.
- Volunteers provide their computing resource to record the transaction in the blockchain.
Main User Story:
1. Charity Organizations create charity projects
2. User chooses a charity project and makes a donation
3. User as a volunteer provides their computing resource to the donation platform and records the donation data to the blockchain.
4. Charity Organization decide what to use the donations.
This is one of the design challenge from a series of Blockchain Challenges. We will be running new attachment to see the wireframe. Since the client is not a designer, they would like you to improve the wireframe. In particular, they would like to have your some idea for dashboard screens.
- As a donation platform, people who want to participate charity should be the target audience as a donor and a volunteer.
- Charity organizations should be another target audience.
- As a prototype, the customer will demo the service internally in their company, to their partner companies and to charity organizations.
Tone and Manner:
- Flat Design (Flat 2.0)
- Use cold colors rather than warm colors
- Do not use too many colors
- You do not need to use fancy fonts. (All text resource is translated to Japanese characters for which we need to choice different fonts after the contest.)
- They are going with "Mobile First" and the main target is iPhone and Android users.
- Responsive Design would be appreciated in the coding phase.
- As a design challenge, plaese submit designs for iPhone 6/6s portrait mode (750 x 1334px).
- For the charity organization dashboard, include the (responsive) design for the pc/desktop resolution (1360 x 768px) in addition to the iPhone resolution.
- Cleanliness of your graphics and design.
- How well you plan the user experience for the target audiences.
- Your design should be possible to build with web technologies.
Submission & Source Files:
Please create your preview image as one (1) 1024x1024px JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode at 72dpi and place a screenshot of your submission within it.
Submit JPG/PNG for your submission files.
All original source files of the submitted design. Files should be created in Adobe Photoshop and saved as layered PSD file, or Adobe Illustrator as a layered AI file.
As part of the final fixes phase you may be asked to modify your graphics (sizes or colors) or modify overall colors. We may ask you to update your design or graphics based on checkpoint feedback.
Please read the challenge specification carefully and watch the forums for any questions or feedback concerning this challenge. It is important that you monitor any updates provided by the client or Studio Admins in the forums. Please post any questions you might have for the client in the forums.