The goal of this challenge is to help users enter information on their solar system and other energy efficient items in their house to generate a “rating” on how energy efficient their house is.
We are looking for the [topcoder] design Community to help us with planning our new "user experience" (UX).
The client would like the app to look related to their current sites:
- Your solution needs to be a Responsive Design Solution when viewed on Portrait and Landscape view of mobile devices.
- Show your design solution on landscape View for tablet. Use this screen size (1024px x 768px)
- Feel free to suggest any tools/function that can bring good User Experience for this Mobile Application.
- App workflow (Savenia Home Data Entry App v7.0.pptx).
- Landing Page Material (Final Splash + Quick Check.pdf).
- We need to improve the usability of the applications, this means we need to add tooltips, help screens, FAQs wherever needed, and remove them when they are not needed.
- How quickly the user can find what he wants?
- The app should be easy to use.
- It should be easy for me to click on and identify what features are where, and how I interact with them.
- The icons should be laid out in a easy format allowing me to interact between screens easily.
- The views are not consistent at the moment, and we need your help to make them consistent.
Important Note: You are encouraged to change the screens (redesign the screens) and improve on them, the most important thing is to come up with a complete template that can be used to build the whole application.
- How does the user navigate this app?
- Include navigation that you think fits with this app.
- Focus on the priority items and how things should be sized.
1. Landing Page:
Please refer to page 1 from Final Splash + Quick Check.pdf
- This page should reflect the Savenia branding and look "premium" in design.
- It should very clearly show what user can do with this application and what the application is all about.
- Here we need a button saying “Get Started” when clicked user will be redirected to checklist page.
2- Checklist Page:
Please refer to page 2 from Final Splash + Quick Check.pdf
- Please design the checklist to match the look and feel.
- Instead of Scan and email the form use a button “Send”.
- If the responses were complete (meaning that any checkbox was selected indicating a qualified upgrade) a congratulations message will appear with “Register” button:
-- Please refer to page 3 from Final Splash + Quick Check.pdf
- If the responses were not complete (meaning that there were no upgrades selected or only I am interested in doing upgrades) a thank you message will appear with “Register” button:
-- Please refer to page 4 from Final Splash + Quick Check.pdf
3. Registration Page:
- Here the user the user needs to fill his information:
-- First name.
-- Last name.
-- Zip code.
-- Confirm Email.
-- Confirm Password.
- We need “Sign Up” button here.
- When clicked the user will be redirected to Control Panel screen.
Please refer to slide 1
- User logs in to the application using his username and password.
- Please show validation error message.
5. Control Panel Screen:
Please refer to slide 2
- This screen should represent 3 columns template, as we need it to hold 3 big icon options and buttons like (Slide 12 & 13).
- Please show us how this 3 columns template will look like when we have 0 buttons, 1 button or 2 buttons. (submit 3 views)
- Here the user will have 3 options to select from:
-- New Rating.
-- Existing rating.
-- Order an Audit.
6. New Home Rating View:
Please refer to slide 5
- This screen should represent 2 columns table.
- Please show us table templates with from 2 columns up to 9 columns. (submit 8 table views), and show how you can fit additional data under tables like (slide 6 & 7)
- User will be able to input data to begin rating this house.
7. Order an Audit View:
Please refer to slide 3
- This screen should represent 2 columns template, as we need it to hold 2 big icon options and buttons like (Slide 16 & 41 & 53)
- Here the user needs to select between:
-- Create New Home Audit Profile.
-- Use Existing Home Audit Profile.
8. Appliances View:
Please refer to slide 14
- This screen should represent 4 columns template, as we need it to hold 4 big icon options and buttons.
9. Indicate Year View:
Please refer to slide 19
- This screen should represent 2 columns wide left (left area is twice bigger than right area) template, also like slide
- Here the user needs to select the year a device was made.
10. Appliances View:
Please refer to slide 21
- This screen should represent 5 columns template, as we need it to hold 5 big icon options and buttons.
11. Text View:
Please refer to slide 54
- This screen should represent 1 columns template.
12. Misc View:
Please refer to slide 59
- Please suggest how to redesign this page to make it consistent with the rest of the website.
- Keep things consistent. This means all graphic styles should work together.
- All of the graphics should have a similar feel and general aesthetic appearance
- Homeowners and realtors.
- How well you plan the user experience and capture your ideas visually
- Cleanliness of your graphics and design
- Your design should be possible to build and make sense as a mobile application.
- Creativity and ease-of-use is key to the success as it must be engaging to users.
Submission & Source Files:
Please create your preview image as one (1) 1024x1024px JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode at 72dpi and place a screenshot of your submission within it.
Submit JPG/PNG for your submission files.
All original source files of the submitted design. Files should be created in Adobe Photoshop and saved as layered PSD file, or Adobe Illustrator as a layered AI file.
As part of the final fixes phase you may be asked to modify your graphics (sizes or colors) or modify overall colors. We may ask you to update your design or graphics based on checkpoint feedback.