1. Project Overview
The EPA is a U.S. federal government agency devoted to safeguarding the environment. One of the EPA's great concerns is the proliferation of cyanobacterial harmful blooms (cyanoHABs) in the nation's lakes. The following resources provide information on what cyanoHABs are and how they threaten the environment.
The TopCoder project on cyanoHABs aims to develop an algorithm that will be deployed in an Android app with mapping and data visualization capabilities. The app will inform local and federal policy makers about locations where bloom events are likely to occur, allowing them to concentrate their efforts in those areas.
2. Contest Overview
Welcome to Bug Hunt contest for EPA Android App.
In this contest, we are looking for you to test the complete mobile Android App for EPA project.
Following two components need to be tested:
1.) EPA Admin Website - This site is accessible only to admins and it handles different admin related functions.
2.) EPA Android App - This is the actual front-end that will run on mobile device and interact with back-end.
ARS (attached in forums) will provide all the use-cases for the above components an its users. We need you to test all the cases.
For each report of a limitation or bug, we need the following information:
1) Steps to reproduce, including any needed information
2) Screenshots (if applicable)
3) Expected results after the bug is fixed
4) Current results, before the bug is fixed
5) OS version (4.0, 4.2.2, etc..)
6) Device type and version (Nexus 7, Galaxy S II, etc...)
Only actual bugs will be counted. Also, crashes will be counted. Please do not log any enhancements or suggestions.
3.1 Screenshot, Crash Log and Reporting Requirements:
- You MUST provide screenshots wherever it is possible. When in doubt, always provide a screenshot. Screenshots are very helpful due to the graphical nature of the application and help clarify bugs. If you don't provide a screenshot, there's a good chance your bug will be rejected.
- If you log a crash and don't provide a crash log, the bug will be rejected
- If you do not properly document your bug reports, they will likely be rejected due to lack of information or documentation. Also, make sure your bug reports are reasonably general. If you submit the same bug that is seen in multiple screens, for instance, you will likely only get credit for the original bug report. The others will all be closed as duplicates.
4. Submitting and Scoring Details
- You will log your tickets here: https://apps.topcoder.com/bugs/browse/EPA
(When you register for the contest, please post a message in forums to request access to log bugs.)
- For scoring, the submitter with the most points will win. For submitters who submit but don't take first, if they submit bugs that aren't covered in the first place submission, they will receive $5 for each unique bug reported up to a maximum of the 1st place prize. If two submitters submit the same bug report, the submitter who submitted the report first into JIRA will get credit for the bug. The second submitter will not.
- Please submit a list of your bugs in online review.