1. Project Overview
The EPA is a U.S. federal government agency devoted to safeguarding the environment. One of the EPA's great concerns is the profileration of cyanobacterial harmful blooms (cyanoHABs) in the nation's lakes. The following resources provide information on what cyanoHABs are and how they threaten the environment.
The TopCoder project on cyanoHABs aims to develop an algorithm that will be deployed in an Android app with mapping and data visualization capabilities. The app will inform local and federal policy makers about locations where bloom events are likely to occur, allowing them to concentrate their efforts in those areas.
2. Contest Overview
We recently concluded the first part of this protoype conversion assembly and have developed more than half of the screens. The goal of this contest is to use the already built prototype as base and develop the remaining screens and complete the full app.
The purpose of this prototype conversion contest is to create a working skeleton of the EPA Android mobile app that fits to the storyboard graphical design.
This mobile app comprises of a single user role. All the functionalities are available in the wireframes and storyboards. Please make sure to implement each of them.
Following screens need to be implemented as a part of this application:
04 My Location 01
04 My Location 02_Search Function
05 Comparison 01
05 Comparison 02_Statistic 01
05 Comparison 03_Statistic 02
05 Comparison 04_Blooming Chart
05 Comparison 05_Week Select
06 Notification 01
06 Notification 02_Details
07 Analysis 01
07 Analysis 02_Detail
08 Help 01_Category
08 Help 02_Topics
08 Help 03_Details
We would also like you to make the following updates to the existing assembly:
- When and where the keyboard of the phone is to be used, it does not hide itself. Need to fix it
- Also, the geographic coordinates popup does not hide itself, which stays even when you change screen -- so when you go back you can see it lingering.
- Map function is missing. Please implement map.
- Click notes and try to add some. It says Android app has stopped working. Though it actually doesn't stop. Need to fix this.
- 03 Location Detail 04_Photo 05_Details is not implemented.
- On 03 Location Detail 04_Photo 04_Location Map, see at bottom, the date function and google earth button does not work.
- When you press download for photos, it gives a pop over with a list of files. To enter file name, you need key board. Once you open keyboard, the save/cancel buttons hide behind them. Neither keyboard hides automatically nor we can hide the popup. Becomes very messy there. Please fix these issues.
- 03 Location Detail 05_Prediction: the page is just an image. There should be changes at least for today and later.
- 03 Location Detail 06_Chart 01, 03 Location Detail 06_Chart 02, 03 Location Detail 06_Chart 03 : Only the menu changes for these three pages. The chart is dummy image. The front-end library for charts should be added. The values can be dummy which comes from backend but we should have a functional chart.
- 03 Location Detail 01 is just a static page with no implementation. Please implement them
- The carousal is not functional.
- Clicking on the above map does not take you to map details of that marker.
- No function showing satellite change between MERIS and Cyano.
- Clicking on any image in the carousal does not take to image detail.
- In the settings tab, when you try to slide the slider button, the screen also slides many times. Need to fix this.
- On the home page, in the bottom center - "hide all" button is not functional.
3. Technology Overview
1. The target platform is Android.
2. We want to support Android Version 4.1 to 4.4.
3. You are allowed to use any supporting and open source libraries. Please celarly document use of all such libraries.
4. Use of PhoneGap is NOT is allowed.
4. Documentation Provided
The following documents have been provided in the forums. You wil be able to access it after registration:
Base Assembly ( Part 1 Submission)
Please Note: For Section 508 compliance, this contest must follow the accessibility rules provided here: http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/accessibility/index.html