Our topcoder platform is looking for new forum software to replace current jive forum (the one we're using now).
Competition Task Overview
For this contest, we want to try NodeBB (https://www.github.com/designcreateplay/NodeBB) and build and PoC to see how well it suits our needs.
The following requirements should be covered by this PoC:
- Public forum (such as round table) that all members have access to
- Private forum (such as copilot forum, project forum) that only certain group of users have access to
- Customized user management (for example: how to hook up with TopCoder's user management system and enable login using TopCoder credentials)
- Customized user permission management (for example: resitrict access to some forums for some users, add/remove users from private forums)
���Some of these might be as simple as configuration changes, some may require changes to source code. Please include everything needed to get these working in your submission, your PoC must at least cover all user scenarios listed above.
NOTE: setting up NodeBB on Ubuntu is simple but it's not so intuitive on CentOS, we have provided instructions in contest forum to help you with this.
VM specific information is found here: http://www.topcoder.com/wiki/display/docs/VM+Image+2.5.
Upon registration as a submitter or reviewer you will need to request a VM based on the new TopCoder Cockpit/Direct image. To request your image, please use the forum.
Before requesting your VM, you need to ensure that you have an SSH key created and in your member profile. Instructions to do so are here:http://www.topcoder.com/wiki/display/projects/Generate+SSH+Key, and instructions to connect afterwards are here: http://www.topcoder.com/wiki/display/projects/Connect+Using+SSH+Key.
There is a TC Site Resource page that contains documentation / instructions for the VM instance you will be issued upon request. It is located here:http://www.topcoder.com/wiki/display/projects/Cockpit%2CDirect+VM
Please email email@example.com to request access to direct trunk and any other SVN paths listed above and below, please include the contest title/link and your user name in the email.
Documentation and Applications that will be provided to registered members
Final Submission Guidelines
A complete list of deliverables can be viewed in the TopCoder Assembly competition Tutorial at: http://apps.topcoder.com/wiki/display/tc/Assembly+Competition+Tutorials
Below is an overview of the deliverables:
- Include everything (configuration changes, instructions to configure the forum, code changes etc...) that's needed to show the concepts are working.
- Deployment guide showing how to deploy your submission and verify it works with the user scenarios.
For each member, the final submission should be uploaded to the Online Review Tool.