I love December. This is the time of year that everything feels festive and special. It is also the time that your usual day-to-day routines start to slow down and almost make it a perfect time to reflect and look back on everything you have experienced, discovered and achieved during the last 12 months.
As I have been reminiscing, I am reminded that we’ve had a very eventful year here at Topcoder. This has been a year of change and with change comes unpredictably. Because of this unpredictability, change can be uncomfortable. But it is also one of the things that makes life so exciting and interesting. Here are some of those exciting highlights:
- In 2015, we grew our community by over 28%, adding more than 200,000 new members from all over the globe! We’re well on our way to be 1 million members large by early next year.
- You all worked on over 8724 customer development/design challenges and tasks with First2Finish, Code, Assembly, Code, UI prototype, Web design, and Mobile Screen Design being the most popular challenge types.
- We held 34 Single Round Matches (SRMs), and a number of great Marathon Matches that allowed you to contribute to global causes. Prostate Cancer Foundation Stupski Prize Challenge, a marathon match to create an algorithm that uses images of cancerous prostate cancer biopsies to predict the FGA values of those tissue, is actively underway until end of the year.
- Our members earned a whopping $8 Million dollars in 2015 with average payment being around $6,460.
- Over 10,000 of you responded to our satisfaction survey letting us know why you would/would not tell your friends about Topcoder. 77% said that you would recommend Topcoder to your friends or colleagues who were interested in design and/or programming competitions. Thank you!
- For the first time ever, we worked with an amazing group of Community Advisory Board (CAB) members to deeply understand issues and ideas from the community. Looking forward to continued collaboration with the 2016 group of CABBies! Have you cast your vote yet?Explore the interactive presentation below to see how else your Topcoder community & content improved in 2015.I know we as a team didn’t achieve everything we had set out to do in 2015 and not all the changes were well received by all of you. We also know that we need to improve how we communicate our goals and overall vision. We spent a lot of energy this year reaching out to members and listening to your needs. 2016 will be a year to strengthen a 2-way conversation, allowing us to better communicate what you can expect and how it positively impacts your experience. I’d like to ask you all for continued patience as we keep on this journey. I can assure you that, one thing that will be a constant is our promise to you and our desire to be working together with you to make Topcoder even better.In 2016 we’ll continue on this journey together of providing new and better ways for you to learn, compete, engage with each other, and ultimately, making Topcoder as valuable as it can possibly be.
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy holiday season and we look forward to serving you in the new year and beyond!