Last Friday we announced our upcoming Marathon Match for Harvard called BANNER. Today, registration for this incredible Marathon Match with $41,000 in prize money has officially opened.
Why Should You Be Interested?
Like other challenges sponsored by the NASA Tournament Lab, this contest is quite challenging, highly practical and has the potential to dramatically improve the state of the art in information extraction from textual data. The top solutions will be implemented and exposed to a broad community of information science researchers.
The contest format is experimental and if you participate you will be given the opportunity to compete in new and fun types of MM competition. This is an exclusive event for rated-only members (MM or Algo) and participation is limited to 300 registered members.
You will be competing in small virtual rooms. Room prizes will be awarded to the 1st and 2nd of each room, in addition to several grand prizes for the best competitors overall.
Prizes & T-shirts
- $41,000 in prizes
- 24 – 1st place prizes of $1,000 each
- 24 – 2nd place prizes of $200 each
- 3 – grand prizes of $4,000 each
- In addition to the prizes listed above, registered competitors will be awarded a special, limited-edition t-shirt upon completion of a brief post-event survey.
- 03/02 – Registration opens
- 03/05 – Registration closes
- 03/08 – Marathon Match begins and problem statement revealed
- 03/16 – Marathon Match closes