June 4, 2021 Knowledge And Cash Prizes At The First-Ever Topcoder Online Bootcamp
There are two things we are obsessed with at Topcoder. One, helping members to get paid, and two, gathering people for live events. One way to help newbies start to get paid is through education. Today we witness the birth of the first specimen that mixes our two obsessions, the first-ever online bootcamp.
On June 10, 08:00 UTC-4
A good lesson we’ve taken from past experiences is that newbies value feedback from workshops. Like Arnando, who was once a total beginner and is now a regular – and skilled – competitor.
“Last March I attended the Topcoder Design Bootcamp event in Medan. I got a lot of new knowledge and experience at the event. I want to thank all the mentors who have shared their knowledge and experience while in Topcoder: iaminfinite, riopurba, eriantoongko.”— ndondo_ on his experience during an onsite bootcamp
Appreciating the value that education can provide, we are eager to share this learning experience with more people so they can have access to the pool of opportunities at Topcoder.
This two-day event is made by the community members for the community members. We want to teach new designers and developers how to master the tools typically used in challenges and apply that recently acquired knowledge live in competition in order to practice the skills. Here is the nitty-gritty of what you need to know to participate.
DAY ONE – WORKSHOP
Seasoned members PereViki and thomaskranitsas will run live workshops illustrating quite sophisticated tips to start working at Topcoder.
- Tune up your environment set up for Topcoder challenges.
- How to use the platform for finding challenges that best suit your skills.
- Solve a real-world problem using the necessary design and coding tools.
- Optimizing submission files for review.
DAY TWO – LIVE CHALLENGE
You put your design and/or code skills into practice!
- Compete in real-world problems.
- Mentorship from the workshop.
- Q&A and feedback live.
This wouldn’t be a Topcoder event if there were no prizes, duh!
- Up to $200 in cash prizes for top tiers in the challenges.
- T-shirt rewards for winning games.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- New designers and developers.
- Members who have yet to submit as of January 2020. Members who have submitted to challenges prior to January 2020 can still join and learn but won’t be eligible for prizes.
- People who want to learn something new and practice it.
- People who want to earn cash while learning.
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
- Be a Topcoder member. Register here if you haven’t already.
- Join this Hopin event.
- Tools for designers: Adobe XD
- Tools for developers: Nodejs, NPM, Visual Studio Code.
Last requirement (but not least): to have fun! We expect that this intimate coaching experience will set you on the path for a journey of learning and earning.