August 12, 2020 FREEDOM, FLEXIBILITY, AND FREELANCE WORK AT TOPCODER – JOIN OUR COMMUNITY OF GLOBAL TALENT
Thriving in the gig economy requires flexibility, passion, and positioning yourself to take advantage of new opportunities. The platforms you use to connect to gigs can shape your career. And among the usual suspects in the gig economy (UpWork, Toptal and the like), you can join Topcoder’s global community of talent by becoming part of our gig talent pool. Read on to learn more about how gig work happens at Topcoder and how you can be part of it.
BEYOND COMPETITIONS: TOPCODER AND GIG WORK
Topcoder is now offering talent resources to customers looking for defined resources rather than our challenge and task models. How does it work at Topcoder?
- Topcoder pairs qualified, vetted talent with customers needing additional team members for project-level work.
- For customers, Topcoder is an efficient way to augment their teams as needed, with the flexibility to adjust the scale and makeup of their teams as needed.
- For Topcoder community members, gig work adds another potential pathway to a flexible, rewarding freelance career.
GIG WORK + COMMUNITY AT TOPCODER
When you join the Gig pool at Topcoder, you’re not just adding your name to a list of gig talent. You’re joining a real community, one that welcomes members from around the world and supports you as you learn and grow in pursuit of your passions. According to a recent IDC report, “When engineers join Topcoder, they become a part of an extended family of developers…Engineers meet other engineers and learn new skills from top technical talent across the globe”. Here are the basics of gig work at Topcoder (we do things a bit differently than other platforms):
- We’ll work to match you with customers and projects that are the right fit for your skills and experience.
- Your competition history at Topcoder can help you become eligible for gig work–when you’ve demonstrated your talent through challenges, we are better able to match you with customers. That said, you can qualify for gig work without a competition history by sending us your CV.
- You’ll be paid a set weekly rate based on your Topcoder rating, other merit-based accomplishments, and the specifics of the assignment. Most gig work opportunities are full-time and relatively long-term.
- We’re here to help if you need support during your assignment.
- Our customers are currently looking for: Full Stack Developers, Front End Developers, Back End Developers, Designers, QA Specialists, Data Scientists, and Devops Engineers.
- Hungry for competition? As long as you’re able to keep up with your assignment, you’re welcome to participate in Topcoder challenges during your gig.
THE TOPCODER LIFESTYLE
Gig work offers another path to enjoy what we’ve taken to calling the Topcoder Lifestyle. Working in the Topcoder community gives you the flexibility to set your own schedule, work from any location, and follow your own specific passions. Challenges offer the chance to earn money while engaging in intense competition. Gig work lets you choose longer-term projects that match your interests. And community programs add even more opportunities to participate in the Topcoder Lifestyle.
Working from anywhere in the world, as part of a global community of passionate talent? If that sounds like the freelance lifestyle for you, then learn more about gig work at Topcoder here, and join our community of gig workers to explore.
Community Team Lead