IBM Bluemix and IBM Watson are crazy cool, right? A cloud platform that allows for complex cognitive apps that can be combined to create some groundbreaking new things. But you probably don’t need us to tell you that. Our friends over at Bluemix have some great resources that they know developers love. We think you’ll love them too, and wanted to share them with you, so you can get a taste of all the cool things Bluemix and Watson can do. Perhaps even inspire you to build something of your own?
- PhoneBot is a nodeJS application designed for deployment to Bluemix that uses Slack and the Twilio API to enable speech-to-text conversion of phone calls, creating a transcript of everything that is said.
- Read this to learn about a number of apps that utilize Watson within Bluemix, such as Likemind, an app that uses Watson and IBM AlchemyAPI to analyze conference attendees’ personalities and interests and connect them to “likeminded” individuals.
- This first part of a blog series provides an in-depth walkthrough of the creation of a sample app called GeoPix, which uses IBM MobileFirst on Bluemix to capture data attachments and images locally and replicates that to an online store.
- If you’re interested in wearable tech or the Internet of Things, check out this helpful guide, which details leveraging Bluemix to turn an Android watch into an IoT device.
- After reading this post, you’ll understand how to combine Twilio with Bluemix to build applications that involve voice or messaging functionality.
When you’re finished reading, don’t forget to tackle some topcoder challenges on Bluemix here. If there’s anything better than learning how to leverage interesting new technologies, it’s getting paid for it.