February 28, 2021 2021 HUMBLEFOOL CUP
The fifth edition of the much-coveted Humblefool Cup is here. While we couldn’t host the finals of the 2020 event because of the pandemic and lockdowns during this time last year, we hope to bring you an exciting tournament this year.
Topcoder and the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Allahabad are excited to bring back the Humblefool Cup Algorithm Match in fond memory of Harsha Suryanarayana (humblefool).
Harsha is considered to be the best coder India has ever produced. A Topcoder member since 2005, humblefool – as he is known within the coding community – was a TCO Finalist twice. Up until his tragic death in an accident in 2014, humblefool was at the top of his game in SRMs and personally trained and motivated many other members.
The Humblefool Cup is organized every year to preserve his legacy and contribution to the Community.
Over the years we had the best of onsite finals with podium finishers like praran26 dush1729 gargabhay, pakhandi and finalists have come together to make this contest exciting and honour the legacy of humblefool. In 2021 Topcoder and IIITA are planning to make the event more exciting than ever with amazing problems and increased prizes, and of course the Humblefool Cup Medals.
Click on Register Button to successfully register for the match.
There will be two rounds: Qualifying Prelim Round and Onsite Finals
Qualifying Round – 17th March 2021 12:00 UTC -5 (See what time it starts in your area)
- The top thirty(30) students located in India will be invited to compete onsite or online at the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad.
- The best-ranked student in the qualifying round (not located in India) will be awarded $100 prize money.
- The top thirty students from the qualifying round will compete onsite or online (to be announced later) to win the Humblefool Cup Medal and $600 in cash and goodies. The finalists will also receive Topcoder Humblefool Cup t-shirts.
- $100 for the best performer not located in India.
- $600 for the onsite/online final event winners.
Sr. Community Evangelist